Thread: Swollen ball from alcohol injection

Participating Member

Swollen ball from alcohol injection

Just a quick question. 2 days ago I injected my right testicle with 1.7ml of 95% grain alcohol and it is quite swollen still. Maybe 3 times itís normal size. Thereís no pain to speak of and it was the 7th such injection. My question is how long will it take to shrink back to its previous size, and has anyone ever aspirated a testicle that is swollen to see if that would reduce the swelling? Thank you.

Blog Entries

Re: Swollen ball from alcohol injection

My right nut swelled up quite a lot once.
    Sometimes you may also get a fluid build up as well.
    I had such a build up and aspirating it did draw off some fluid.
    However this sort of returned within a few hours.
    I then went to seek medical advice after things did not settle down and was put on a course of antibiotics.
    The antibiotics worked but my right nut was never quite the same as it was.
    Best guess was an infection led to it .
    I think if you are to go about injecting your nuts be a bit paranoiac about cleanliness and use alcohol swabs on the site first.

Participating Member

Thanks. I do have a course of amoxicillin that I had never used after my chest had cleared up. I just might try to aspirate my testicle later this afternoon and start the antibiotics and see if this clears it up? Thank you for your reply. Richard

Richard, I think you are experiencing the usual response after your injection. Each time I injected mine with 2 mg. of Everclear, also 95 proof, both of mine swelled up. The swelling gradually diminished over the course of 2 weeks without any action on my part. I'm not a doctor, but I think I read that alcohol attracts water, and the swelling occurs because the injected alcohol has attracted water, and the gradual reduction in swelling is due to the alcohol gradually losing its effect. I think there's a scientific term for this, but I don't know it.

My testicles have shrunken considerably, but when I last injected them, they plumped up to the same size as before the first Everclear injection, before gradually shrinking back down over the next two weeks. If I were you, I'd leave things alone, unless you think that you have a problem not caused by your injections.

Participating Member

Thanks Rory... I am going to leave them be for a couple of weeks. It’s not painful, but it’s actually a handful. Literally a handful.....lol

Participating Member

At the moment I’m in hospital... the swelling got so bad that I had to go to the emergency room on Saturday night. They did exploratory surgery and removed a blood clot and the surgeon is not quite sure whether or not they want to remove it. They want to give it a couple of weeks and do another ultrasound and see if there’s any further necrosis and if so they are going to remove it. I told them it happened from an injury and the swelling and blood clot backed it up. I’m thinking that they’ll have them both out since they’re not working. We’ll see what happens...

Good luck!

Thread Information