Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: atrocious food choices

I really do look like my avatar Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

atrocious food choices

Truly Atrocious eating

1. "My wife dips her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into Spaghetti-Os."
    2. Dipping bread into Coca-Cola
    3. "I went to college with this one girl who would get a chef's salad, slice up a banana, put it on said chef's salad, then use ketchup as the dressing.
    4. My wife likes to make crunchy peanut butter and bologna sandwiches (with cheese). Her mom also adds mayo.
    5. "A former friend of mine once poured a can of Coors Light into a bowl of Cheerios. He called it 'Beerios.'"
    6. This kid I knew in school used to rip open his milk carton and dip his burrito into his chocolate milk. Sometimes he'd even go so far as to rip open the burrito itself and pour his milk onto the beef and eggs in order to (and I'm quoting him here) 'creamify the meat.'
    7. Uncooked Raman noodles
    8. Chocolate and Caramel Sauce over Cauliflower
    9. Oreos with Ketchup
    10. Cheerios with soy sauce and grated cheese
    11. THE VIKING DINNER:
    Once in College, about 6 guys went into the cafeteria in vests, no shirts, shoes and just bluejeans. The bought that day's meal went to the table and proceeded to pile the food on the tray, set the plates and silverware aside and eat with their hands. People who saw it said it was disgusting and awful. HOWEVER, the next day when this tiny gang of fools showed up to eat, the women who prepared and served the food refused them and demanded loud, public apologies or those six would never eat in the cafeteria again
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

Re: atrocious food choices

#4 I have eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches topped with bacon and egg...and mayo. And as far as #8 goes, it might make the cauliflower taste better. Cheese sauce would be better, though. Nowadays, a good tomato sandwich is very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    #4 I have eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches topped with bacon and egg...and mayo. And as far as #8 goes, it might make the cauliflower taste better. Cheese sauce would be better, though. Nowadays, a good tomato sandwich is very tasty.
    Bacon makes everything better! Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches are a great invention. Crunchy peanut butter and a jam with some texture would work well with crisp bacon. The mayo would fight with the peanut butter for texture, though. An egg just seems like overkill, though a fried egg and jam sandwich works well.
    Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it.

Blog Entries

I have two rules in life - -
    NOT RED and NO MAYO...

The car is "Not Red" and "keep that ugly white stuff away from me"

although, I do bake pork chops covered in bacon
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

Blog Entries

​Not red? At least there are tomatoes in just about every other color!
    Relax your clenched sphincter at Talula's.

Medieval titanium crowbar fhunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Truly Atrocious eating

7. Uncooked Raman noodles
    It is not atrocious! It is crunchy! (yes, I tried it).
    Maybe I will know
    What's there in my soul
    And my road will flow
    To place I've always had to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    I know. I have eaten bright yellow, pale yellow and ripe green tomatoes. The yellow varieties are lower in acid that the red. The green ones were heirloom tomatoes we got from a neighbor. SO, you don't have to limit yourself to red ones. OH, and there are different varieties of red ones, from the red you see on the packages to dark red-violet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    the car!
    the car!
    NOT RED!

Participating Member

A roomie I had years ago used to have money; an okay job, good electronics, etc., but he just refused to spend money on good food.

He was basically a dog. He could taste things; he always talked about flavor of the food when he'd eat at bbq parties and such, but at home? His attitude was 'why bother?'

Examples:

- A regular meal for him was what I called Spaghetti No Flavor. Just boiled spaghetti with margarine. Salt? Pepper, maybe? Nah. Just spaghetti and margarine.
    - He would bake two potatoes, let them cool down, and eat them like apples.
    - Corn flakes in a bowl, eating them with his fingers, like a snack, while watching TV.
    - Some meals were one large (family size) can of creamed corn, heated up in a big-ass bowl, and slurped down with a big spoon.
    - I saw him eat a large can of stewed tomatoes once. With a fork. Cold, from the can. Then he drank the juice when the big pieces were gone.
    - He'd open a pack of hot dogs, put half of them (6) on a plate, microwave them until they were twisted, exploded, mis-shapen turds, and eat them; he'd then repeat the process with the other half of the pack.

I called him One Thing Man (after the anime One Punch Man). Meals at home were always one thing... plain as hell.

I never complained, though; that was the one room mate I ever had who never left piles of dishes laying around.

Fully Qualified Member

A friend of mine had a psychotic, tho marginally medicated mate. They randomly turned up, many years ago. My pressure cooker had a decomposing chicken stew in it. Waiting for rubbish day when I would dump it, so the dog, whom I wouldnt want to poison, wouldnt get it.(the dog, Nigel, was a bulletproof labrador.) This fruit loop ate the whole pot of this 'blue stew'!! And I was shitting myself, just thinking of it? Was wondering if I should tell him or pretend it didnt happen. They didnt stay, thank fk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brycenosak View Post
    A friend of mine had a psychotic, tho marginally medicated mate. They randomly turned up, many years ago. My pressure cooker had a decomposing chicken stew in it. Waiting for rubbish day when I would dump it, so the dog, whom I wouldnt want to poison, wouldnt get it.(the dog, Nigel, was a bulletproof labrador.) This fruit loop ate the whole pot of this 'blue stew'!! And I was shitting myself, just thinking of it? Was wondering if I should tell him or pretend it didnt happen. They didnt stay, thank fk
    When I cook for myself, it is precisely one portion and no leftovers. That's how afraid I am of leftover spoiled food.
    I might have nightmares tonight over "bad chicken"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamiepan View Post
    A roomie I had years ago used to have money; an okay job, good electronics, etc., but he just refused to spend money on good food.
    ...He was basically a dog.
    ...I called him One Thing Man (after the anime One Punch Man). Meals at home were always one thing... plain as hell.
    ...I never complained, though; that was the one room mate I ever had who never left piles of dishes laying around.
    My bowels quiver in fear and horror!

Blog Entries

Fully Qualified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    My bowels quiver in fear and horror!
    Sorry Dave!

Blog Entries

Many consider my cauliflower salad atrocious. Instead of potatoes, you use steamed cauliflower. Just follow your usual potato salad recipe.

Thread Information