Thread: Estrogen HRT, Dosages, Levels, Physical & Mental Health

Estrogen HRT, Dosages, Levels, Physical & Mental Health

While responding to the Loving My Boobs thread, I thought about starting this one.

Here is my post; “I do, my wife doesn't. I started Spiro in July ‘18, and added E in Oct ‘18. I noticed breast buds and tenderness mid Dec ‘18, and liked it. I've always been feminine orientated and not a rough and tumble "he man". I had an orchi Feb 15th, 2019, and so I expect even more breast growth now and welcome it. But my wife is a different matter. I don’t currently measure as a A cup, probably only an AA, or AAA? I have an appointment with my prescribing doctor in 2 weeks to see where I'm at blood/hormone level wise and the wife wants me to ask him if I can lower my E prescription. I really don't want to though. I'm only on 1 mg 2x day.
    I know that others on here are also taking E. I’m thinking I’ll start another thread about E dosages and blood levels.”

I added the E because I didn’t like where I was going mentally just being on the Spiro. Plus the fact that the human body doesn’t do well without any sex hormone. The E helped me mentally immensely. I was more level headed and “nicer to be around” per my wife.

My first blood/hormone test was done two weeks after starting E, in mid October ’18.
    Estradiol 167 pg/mL
    Testosterone Total 136n g/dL (taken within 2 hours or dosage.)
    Testosterone Free 21.5 pg/mL

After this test I read that you’re not supposed to take your dose just before the blood draw because that would artificially raise the E level. That you’re supposed to test in the trough, or lower level between dosages. So at my next test I didn’t take a dose before.

The next test was Dec 14, 2018
    Estradiol 42 pg/mL
    Testosterone Total 114n g/dL
    Testosterone Free 17.4 pg/mL

Both of these tests results are within normal female ranges. So my T was dropping, which I liked but I’m not sure if the E was where I wanted it. On another forum the people there said that an E level of around 200 was a minimum for MtoF transformations. No I don’t want to become a woman, just a feminine man. I call myself Transfeminine; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfeminine

So we'll see where the blood levels are in about 2 weeks and go from there.

I invite others who are taking E to talk about their dosages and hormone levels and their body changes and mental health experience.

Re: Estrogen HRT, Dosages, Levels, Physical & Mental Health

GordonGG:
    I'm pretty impressed with the way folks (such as yourself and others) are going to great lengths to have things in balance scientifically. When I began taking "E" I was on the high seas and didn't have available the ability of hormone level tests. Those tests may not have even been readily available during those year. I don't know. But I do know that .625mg of "E" on a daily basis resolved the issues which I began taking the hormone for. Which at the time was to recover a loss in physical energy, strength and stamina lost with the diminished "T". It might well be justifiable to say that a small amount of "E" over time effected my mental state as well because after time on that low daily dose my mind decided that I liked the results enough to increase the dose. Which I did. But that isn't the point. The point is that my original small dose even taken less often than I did may have been quite sufficient for the reasons I had began with. I suspect that if I had begun with that small dose say twice a week or some such a thing my mind may not have caused me to want more. Again, I wasn't in a situation where I could have hormone levels checked. By increasing the dose to what you now take indeed began to cause additional physical changes over time that became somewhat irreversible. And to be honest, because I wasn't around folks for long periods of time those changes happened without the benefit of others telling me about them. At the time those many years ago I may have adjusted things had I been aware since I had no intention of feminizing the appearance of my body. As the higher dose (2mg daily) took good hold I began to want more and increased my dose regularly. At some point I may have been ingesting 8mg to 10mg a day for long periods of time. YES, too high dose of "E" indeed changed the way I thought and it's obvious that I abused hormones. Fortunately for me this didn't cause detrimental effects to my physical health. over time it's safe to say that I indeed appeared rather feminine as overdosing the "E" change my body shape and form. Not that I am complaining of who I am now. And I am NOT female! Let us be crystal clear on that. Under proper medical care my hormone is far more balanced these days with .625mg of "E" every other day. I think more clearly. Or more closely to the way I did prior to over doing the hormones. I still have no idea what my actual levels are and don't really care as I am in good mental and physical health and enjoying life immensely. But there are some lessons that can be learned. And those lessons might apply whether somebody is wanting to feminize or not wanting to feminize. I personally like your method of using medical testing to control which direction you desire to go.
    Then and now while living the good life

What brand of E are you taking and where is best place to buy it from please.

Quote Originally Posted by horny_lynne View Post
    What brand of E are you taking and where is best place to buy it from please.
    I cannot tell you what brand "E" I am taking because I simply get it from the Pharmacy. They fill whatever my doctor has ordered. It's most likely some generic brand in order to be less expensive for health insurance companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Begoneboy View Post
    I cannot tell you what brand "E" I am taking because I simply get it from the Pharmacy. They fill whatever my doctor has ordered. It's most likely some generic brand in order to be less expensive for health insurance companies.
    Same here. However my pills look like this; https://www.drugs.com/imprints/b-886-1-1097.html

Mine are the round standard Estrofem (2mg). I buy them from buyonlineventolin.com. They have a great price and most of their drugs are not generic and I love the effects they're having on me. I don't ever want to go back to T.

some gals even change with less than 200 pg/ml. Full feminisation depends on your body , how much supressed your testosterone is, the time you have been continuously with E (with no pauses), etc. Every body responds differently,
    Last edited by Frida G Cavic; 03-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Frida G Cavic View Post
    some gals even change with less than 200 pg/ml. Full feminisation depends on your body , how much supressed your testosterone is, the time you have been continuously with E (with no pauses), etc. Every body responds differently,
    That is exactly the way it is. And of course it also depends on whether or not feminization is the desired goal. Not all have that desire. That wasn't my desire. Seems as it ended up the result from abusing estrogen. So the absolute best is to seek good medical monitoring for whichever the end desire might be.

And a far better picture Frida. My compliments!

Many thanks guys and girls

Happily Fully Qualified Regular daifu-orchid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Begoneboy View Post
    ... So the absolute best is to seek good medical monitoring for whichever the end desire might be.

And a far better picture Frida. My compliments!
    IMHO nothing beats good medical guidance for these things. Everyone is different, with many things to consider.
    -And yes, Frida, very fine pic!

Quote Originally Posted by daifu-orchid View Post
    IMHO nothing beats good medical guidance for these things. Everyone is different, with many things to consider.
    -And yes, Frida, very fine pic!
    I understand and do. However it is still nice to hear about others experiences. It's like comparing cars of the same make and model. Do you get so and so mileage? Mine developed a rear transmission seal leak. Yea mine did that too.

Thread Information