Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Eunuch Archive Needs Your Help and Support

Member, Sisters of Perpetual Responsibility kristoff's Avatar

The Eunuch Archive Needs Your Help and Support

It is has been over a year and a half since I have asked for contributions to keep these boards running. We don’t have a great deal of expense – monthly server charges and PO Box rental and a small monthly bank service charge , as well as software and licensing and domain fees. This board, the personals, and the story archive survive only because of volunteer help and your donations.

We are a charitable educational corporation based in Minnesota, USA, and contributions are fully deductible. We would like to see a wide base of members contribute, as opposed to the same 15 or so that we always rely on. It is your board, support it if you want to keep it here. We take all size of contributions - $10, $20, $50, $100. If you can afford it, that is the right amount.

Remember, between the forums and the fiction archive, we get over 20 million hits a month. That is lots of bandwidth. We run on 7 virtual servers - they cost us over $108 per month. Add to that the costs of domains, server software licensing, vb licenses. postal box rental. There are other items that add in. Often times Talula or I will cover them, but the majority must come from the people who use this site or it will not be here.

We also need help with running this site. Most of us who have been doing this for years are getting older. It is time to start looking for others who can moderate and operate this site. I'm sure Talula could use help from someone who knows computers and programming. We can also use 2 or 3 new moderators, people who are dedicated to being here virtually every day. Send a PM to Talula, Me, or Paolo if you are interested and willing to help.

Donations may be made through PayPal using this email address:

wyrmwyvern@live.com

Or you may send check, money order, or discretely wrapped cash by snail mail to:

Wyrm Wyvern, Inc.
    PO Box 68098
    Minneapolis, MN, 55418-8098
    USA

We do prefer donations in US Dollars, although we will accept that which is sent.

Stay warm - it is damned cold here.

Kristoff
    Nuke a Gay Baby Whale for Jesus

Re: The Eunuch Archive Needs Your Help and Support

I'm happy to report that Begoneboy has kicked off our fund raising efforts, and with a nice complement, by means of Pay Pal. Thank you!

Fully Qualified Member

Hey Kristoff, only too happy to donate. It will good practice for me to figure out how to do it without accidently buying a burnt out shoe factory in outer mongolia. (I'm sure it was a bargain?) The EA is an invaluable resource and you deserve all our support, Cheers! Brycee P,s record high temps here!

Thanks go to Freefromit, as well. And he learned how to use PayPal. Two birds, one click.

Newly Active Member

Added some funds.
    Appreciate all you do to educate us all and maintain this informative site.

Fully Qualified Member

I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by kristoff View Post
    I'm happy to report that Begoneboy has kicked off our fund raising efforts, and with a nice complement, by means of Pay Pal. Thank you!
    Thanks for helping out in some small way are not necessary any more than thanking one's family for always being there whether needed or not. While I did not know this site ever existed when I became the best I could ever be through complete nullification, I have truly grown to love and appreciate it's very existence. My HUGE thanks go to all those who make this site possible as well to all of those who contribute on a regular basis. I may have gotten waylaid in route to the meeting of the Clan last year, that won't happen again. Beginning my riding tours earlier this year in order to be near the Clan's meeting on time this year. I truly desire to put faces to the names that have come to help me have a better understanding of what a eunuch is or is not since joining EA.
    Then and now while living the good life

Fully Qualified Member GordonGG's Avatar

PayPal on it's way.

We heard from several people today. Just checked PayPal, and thus far we have received about 1/3 of our annual budget. Thanks go to several people - in most cases I couldn't get a screen name, so I will just use first names and last initials.

Thanks go to GordonGG; Edward T; Gary Z; Mark B; Norman A. S.; Jeffrey L; Stacy B; and DonnyMac. We appreciate everyone's participation and help in keeping a valuable resource going.

Kristoff

Blog Entries

Donation in the post.

I really do appreciate this site and the work you all do keeping it running.
    If the world was sane I wouldn’t need therapy…

Fully Qualified Member

My brother has a paypal account so will get him to transfer some kiwi $$ The very least I can do

Thanks for putting out a call to arms. With such great sites as this it's sad that only a very few normally get involved in the financial side of keeping them up and running.
    Unfortunate that folks (including myself) don't normally see that side of these sort of sites. Hopefully management will continue to put out the call to arms in the future rather
    than permitting a very few to provide the money to keep things going.
    Then and now while living the good life

Checked the PayPal system this AM early. There was a contribution from Stefan D. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Brycenosak View Post
    My brother has a paypal account so will get him to transfer some kiwi $$ The very least I can do
    We heard from your brother! Thanks for a very generous contribution. It is appreciated!

We also heard from BiBikerFl. Along with a contribution, he sent along a PM with a nice message. Thanks BBF Hope to see you again this summer.

Thread Information