Thread: Spiro and Mental Condition

Participating Member

Spiro and Mental Condition

I've been on Spiro for 8 weeks now and am noticing that my mental acquities are off. I have a technical job where I have to member things and fill out reports and interpret others. Lately I've noticed that I'm not remembering things very well, and am getting easily confused at times. At my age of 65 I think part of it is age because I had just a little of this before starting Spiro. My question is, can Spiro, or the lack of T cause this?

I did a quick search and found one post that talked about brain fog. If it is because of the Spiro, then if I go ahead with an orchiectomy, would it clear up.

I'd like more input so I can put some thinking into whether to continue with my chemical castration trial, move on to the actual thing, or forget about it all together.

Participating Member

Re: Spiro and Mental Condition

Can't anybody give any input?

I can only speak to no T as castrated never used spiro. Brain fog over time did become an issue for sure I am in a job that is very mentally and physically challenging. I was 52 when became a eunuch now almost 58.

Participating Member

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey49 View Post
    I can only speak to no T as castrated never used spiro. Brain fog over time did become an issue for sure I am in a job that is very mentally and physically challenging. I was 52 when became a eunuch now almost 58.
    So did you do anything to combat the brain fog? Have you been taking any kind of hormone since your castration?

I took B supplements helped some. I did no T for 2.5 years and it got gradually worse over time have been on T now for over 2.5 years and clarity came back relatively quick.

Participating Member

Thanks for the additional info.

Spiro and most anti androgens are falling out of favor in the trans community due to brain fog and mental issues. It screws up brain chemistry and can have lasting effects.
    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.." -Anais Nin

Participating Member

I am currently weening myself off of Spiro. Waiting to get on E. Dr wants an OK from my cardiologist first.

Thread Information