Thread: Scrotum Removal - Two weeks (+) Post Op

Fully Qualified Member

Scrotum Removal - Two weeks (+) Post Op

Hi everyone,

Well it's been two weeks now and honestly, I didn't expect the removal of my scrotum to take so long to heal. Now it's not been painful but just irritating, especially since there is still quite a bit of swelling and drainage. I could write more, but for those interested in following my recovery I have posted a brief video on my personal blog at

eunuchlife.blogspot.com

So over-all, despite my normal impatience, things have moved along just fine. I'm actually pretty pleased so far with the results but looking forward to the day where it will appear there was never anything there to begin with and.... hurray! no more discomfort walking and sitting.

Sorry I have not been more frequent in the updates, but eunuch life comes second to just regular old normal and often busy life.

So if you visit the blog please leave any comments, questions or suggestions so as to make me feel it's worth keeping it up.

Blog Entries

Re: Scrotum Removal - Two weeks (+) Post Op

Let it heal and it'll look much better without scrotum.

110% Top, call me "SIR" TopManFL's Avatar

Hey -

I've had many surgeries in my life (too many). I'm sorry your still in pain and having troubles.

Swelling and drainage sucks. It does get better and eventually the swelling goes down and the drainage stops. It takes time.

One of the issues I have with the way MTE and MTN individuals get surgery is surgical aftercare. Getting on an airplane the day after surgery with dissolveable stitches and flying home isn't really what I'd call aftercare.

Assuming the person having surgery gets at least good advice, they should be told to look for drainage that has puss, chills, fevers and redness that spreads - these are signs of potentially serious infections. Serious infections can lead to sepsis which can quickly become life threatening.

I'm not saying you have these issues and normal drainage is expected. One thing that happens after many surgeries is the in installation of JP Drains. These drains help stop abscesses from forming. But in a surgery situation where the patient is leaving town the next day, JP Drains aren't practical as they are normally removed after they stop collecting a certain number of ML's of drainage a day. This means that there's no way to know if the JP Drains will stay in for a few days or a few weeks.

OK, back to your situation. Please take heart from my experience. The pain, the bruises, the swelling, itching and other issues will go away.

With as many surgeries as I've had, I've never had any doctor inquire about my mental well being. How I was handling the stress emotionally.

Often the fear can be overwhelming. Not knowing what's normal. Even if properly informed about how to care for the wound and what to look for, it's still very difficult to not wonder when to call the doctor, when to go to the ER and when to take two tylenol and go to bed.

Personally speaking, I've had two different doctors tell me two different things about my post surgical wounds. One wanted me on IV antibiotics and the other said if I did that I'd lose my foot. Yikes! I of course, with exactly zero days of medical school and only boy scout first aid knowledge, had to decide what to do. I made a decision and it worked out.

Please, @seanthomas , make sure you're getting good medical care. If you think you need to go to a doctor or urgent care, go.

If you don't have signs of infection, then, I can only offer advice that it will get better.

Fully Qualified Member

Hi Topman,
    Thanks for the encouragement. My biggest issue is simply impatience, as everything else is as it should be so soon after what was a pretty substantial procedure. The wound is closing nicely and the drainage is your typical "pink" with no signs of infection. Of course being in the location it is, every step I take and every movement I make pulls and tugs a bit, so I realize it's gonna take a little longer to fully heal. As an aside, although I frequently rail against medicine in America, I will say my experience with my surgeon was above and beyond fantastic, as is the after-care.

seanthomas, After reading the results of your surgery I have to feel lucky. Several here who had their scrotum removed or been castrated talk of the drainage and all they went through. I guess I am one fortunate guy. I had absolutely NO problems with either surgery (I almost said sacrifice) . I healed very quickly and, by following the doctor's instructions was never out of the ability to take care of things around the house (mowing, gardening, etc.). People heal at different rates so all you can do is obey the doctor and get well.

Thread Information