Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two possible positive outcomes choose from.

Re: Two possible positive outcomes choose from.

One more thing to consider. If you made the worst decision possible in your 3 choices, stay intact, chemical castration, surgical castration, which would be the most reversable and livable for you and your wife.1. Stay intact, leaves you with all 3 choices available. 2. Chemical castration, leaves you with all 3 available short term. Choice 1 disappears with a long time on chemicals. 3. Surgical castration. Immediately removes choices 1 and 2, but opens choice to get on testosterone to regain everything but sperm production and testicular pleasures during sex. Artificial testosterone does not work for every man. Some get less a total replacement effect from it and a few don t get to attain any of the desired benefits from it.

You are right in how men who never want to father any kids and men sure they never want to father any more kids take a very different view and consideration than men planning to father kids in the future. Fertility is a prime consideration in how men view castration. After fertility is removed as a factor, men consider castration more realistically and with far less fear. Decades of sex enjoyment and older age make it a more approachable topic for men to discuss seriously and openly than most young men would discuss and consider it with. Its a big joke, or wild fear, or out of the question for most younger men to discuss or seriously consider doing it. Women s attitude seems to be based on the same considerations of age, fertility and kids, and how much use the man has had, and her interest in his virility and fathering abilities.

You and your wife are past the fertility concerns. You ve had decades of great sex and virility use of your sex organs. So now you are both left with your future use and virility and health impacts as your remaining barriers to choosing castration. Your barriers are falling away with age and timing. And there is no rush to decide it now. Each passing year it will become more attractive and less risky to do.

Happily Fully Qualified Regular daifu-orchid's Avatar

Seems fertility is not an issue, but the idea of castration interests.
    There seems much to be said for a trial chemical switching off of the nuts, with a supportive partner.
    Or, the question will always remain just that, a question....
    -It's ok, not every question must have an answer. Maybe best for you, but peace of mind is worth much.

Thanks Cleancut for starting this most interesting discussion. A question. I see reference to the calm. What is that and how does it feel? My guess would be that you no longer loose hours and days when all you can think about is sex and are able to focus on other things, but might be wrong.

Fully Qualified Member DonnyMac's Avatar

Focusing on other things is a definate plus. About two months into taking Depo Provera an interesting thing happned. Someone abruptly cut me off in traffic. Rather than being upset my thoughts were about the driver endangering himself or others. Quite a change. In my case the calm was real. Being off testosterone does rewire the brain.

Don

Your welcome Arab Night’s, but in a way I am here for a selfish reason. So this calm thing is one of my wife’s biggest hopes in getting this done. She does pay attention to how I am distracted even when I am doing something otherwise enjoyable. I am not as bad as a dog with a squirrel but even my therapist told me “wow that type of distraction has to be a problem.” Yes, yes it is. YMMV and maybe I enjoy certain things on a intellectual level not just because of testosterone, but from what I have read, there will be a change away from the relative distraction. So maybe some of the lurkers could speak to that issue? Next what would be really interesting to me, I have a very good record of my blood pressure levels, I wonder if anybody can relate from there own experience what happened to their blood pressure after either chemical or physical castration? So join into the thread please if you can I for the readers of either of these questions.

Happily Fully Qualified Regular daifu-orchid's Avatar

Blood pressure after the nuts were gone? Nothing changed.
    After the T disappeared, mental focus was better. Other folks find this too.
    After about 10 years of no nuts, unrelated I think, the blood pressure slowly went up, just a little. It's down again now, FWIW.

Fully Qualified Member Chrissym's Avatar

No changes in blood pressure. To be honest the biggest change i noticed was the loss of energy.

Thanks for your insight Chrissym , question did you exercise regularly before you were cut?

So to all, I would find something very useful but ultimately unscientific. I wish we had a spreadsheet here on the pages for a before and after look at various aspects of being cut. I do find it very useful what people occasionally post but this would be something easily found and have similar information available. Columns could be age, weight or BMI, free T, Blood pressure, cholesterol, activity level, stress level, social interaction, excersize, diet type and consumption, shrinkage, HRT used, sexual interaction per time period, Chemical or physical, and I am sure there are others. Do this for one month before, one month after, six months after, 1 year and 2 years after.

I think many of the men thinking of doing this for libido issues would find this type of anadotal information very useful in their decision making. But then I am always thinking this place needs to be more scholarly and provide well reasoned posts. BTW I find the CACL thread very interesting and useful. But information quality, even when self reported and unscientific can provide very useful discussion points and ideas.

Hi Cleancut01. Im from the Uk so i metric lol but at the time i had my balls removed i was 6'1 and about 80kg. Normal libido, no issues with erections, 7 inches and fairly fit and active with regular tennis and golf. With the exception of a walk around the block, i didn't exercise for about 3 months post op and then only resumed light exercise. At about 8 months post op which is when i first started t injections i was 6'1, 91kg, highish libido with obviously no erections and back to regular sport. However id estimate i was about 30% weaker than pre surgery with far lower energy and metabolism.

I tried chemical castration for two weeks, hot flashes, and loss of energy made it clear that it was best left a fantasy.
    Had a vasectomy, sterility I do enjoy, along with libido.

Chrissym thanks for the information�� BTW the whole world is metric except the US. But President Lincoln said we would get to it real soon�� Have you found as you age that you have regained any energy, not power? I believe that it’s possible that after some period of time the new normal allows for more regular less disappointment in workouts hence better energy levels. I was in extremely good shape in my late 30’s. But work and kids stopped my regular workouts. When I started working out again in my 50’s I was pushed toward depression on the loss in what my body could accomplish, my therapist at the time pointed out I was not fair with myself at all. That I was in far better shape than the majority my age and regularly won competition against men in their prime. I learned that fitness is a relative term and I had no reason to fell depressed. At this moment if I lost 30% of my weightlifting, I would still be in far better shape than 95% of men my age. I run for fun but my last 10k was under 50 minutes. Yes a whole lot of folks can beet that but I do not try to be a competitive runner. Thank for the insight again.

George2u2, thanks for the comment! We hardly ever hear bad reviews here. Your said not for me which is part of YMMV. Thanks, I am aware that be it chemical or physical there will be a long and possible ruff period of adjustment to this change. But like many here what is happening now in my life if ruff and possibly this change could improve that long term. The thread title is no mistake. Thanks again.

Hi Cleancut01. It's been 4 years since my surgery and i havent really regained the energy or metabolism i used to have. I have been on T therapy and while i was on that my levels were almost normal but i stopped about 7 months ago and my levels have dropped again unfortunately.

Thread Information