Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can a Nullo be a "Male" Role Model to a Boy?

Question Can a Nullo be a "Male" Role Model to a Boy?

Long story short. A good friend of mine is a single dad with two young sons ages 4 and 2. We've been friends forever. He told me that now that he has his boys he won't be making any more. He also confided that he feels he would be a better father with his all but insatiable sex drive removed. He's entertaining the idea of nullification.

I asked him how he'd explain it to his boys once they were old enough to ask. He said he'd simply tell them that it was a personal decision some men make and that it's not to be talked about with anyone outside the family. He said he'd also stress that nullification was a decision for grown men and not boys.

I don't know about this. How would any boy react to the knowledge that his father was a voluntary nullo? Can a full eunuch raise boys without sort of messing up their minds?

Blog Entries

Re: Can a Nullo be a "Male" Role Model to a Boy?

I see no reason why what he’s got between his legs would affect his ability to be a good parent. There seems to be no shortage of fully intact bad parents.

I would question why he wants to go for nullification as a first step to reduce his sex drive. Seems like a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut (or nuts!), so to speak. Would he not be better off starting with the less drastic option of chemical castration, and going from there… I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t ever become a nullo, if that’s what he wants, but maybe take things one step at a time.
    If the world was sane I wouldn’t need therapy…

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

I'm with Zebedeee on this one. I think if I were in the situation, even with as much as I wished to get physically emasculated, I'd have probably held onto my genitals until such time I didn't need them for things such as potty training the young penis owners. IE showing them how to use them to relieve themselves, or how to properly clean them. After that, I'd probably have pursued where I am now - complete nullo.

Once they are trained how to properly use a toilet or urinal, there really is no further need for them to see their fathers crotch naked. Sexual questions and the components of, that are sure to come up as they get mature, are easily handled without a show-n-tell, potty training, not so much.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedeee View Post
    I see no reason why what he’s got between his legs would affect his ability to be a good parent. There seems to be no shortage of fully intact bad parents.

I would question why he wants to go for nullification as a first step to reduce his sex drive. Seems like a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut (or nuts!), so to speak. Would he not be better off starting with the less drastic option of chemical castration, and going from there… I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t ever become a nullo, if that’s what he wants, but maybe take things one step at a time.
    I agree that he should take things slow, even if he decided to be a Nullo, he doesn't need to discuss it with his son's anyway. What's between your legs should be a personal decision.

I do not see what nullification (however you define that) has to do with anything. I have raised two great kids and taken care of my Dad in his last years and I was able to take care of cleaning by just doing it. Kids pretty much figure it out. Being involved as a parent and role model means 99% just being there and talking out issues while teaching them - often by example - to be reliable, respectful of other people, etc. etc.

The key point seems to be an overactive sex drive. Maybe that has a physical cause, but maybe it has a psychological cause. If the latter, there may be treatments that can help. I am taking online seminars about enneagram types and have noted some things like a lower temper and less melancholy creeps into my life. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable members could comment on if an overactive sexuality can have personality causes and, if so, are there non-surgical things that might help.

110% Top, call me "SIR" TopManFL's Avatar

How would his children ever know what was between his legs? I mean, it's not really appropriate for a father to be nude in front of minor children at any time for any reason.

But, assume this. A man has two children and a wife that he loves. He is a at work and an industrial accident takes off his genitals. Would he be able to raise his children and be a role model to them?

OK, that was a rhetorical question. Of course he would! I mean why wouldn't he? Unless he told his children what had happened they wouldn't know. His wife would know, and he might be insecure about it, but his children would just be happy when he came home from work.

TopManFL, when I was growing up it was pretty common for everyone to be nude in locker rooms, saunas, etc. Could have been the geographical location too lol.

As to the thread topic, I don't see why it would matter. Even if the children knew, children are super accepting and tolerant people. They pick up hatred and prejudice later in life for the most part.

Teens are horrible lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibergrace View Post
    TopManFL, when I was growing up it was pretty common for everyone to be nude in locker rooms, saunas, etc. Could have been the geographical location too lol.

As to the thread topic, I don't see why it would matter. Even if the children knew, children are super accepting and tolerant people. They pick up hatred and prejudice later in life for the most part.

Teens are horrible lol.
    I agree with Tibergrace children don't care. If they saw him nude they wouldn't take note.

As a man who has spent a lot of time in locker rooms and public showers, some kids do look around and take a lot of notice of teens and grown men s bodies. Most won t say much unless they know and trust the man they talk to or ask. But I ve had boys ask me all kinds of questions about jock straps, cups, why cut and uncut dicks look different, low hanger versus high hanger balls, body hair, shaving, and lots of other things. Kids and teens and young men do use role models more than you d think they do.

High sex drive would be destroyed by castration alone if a man didn t take any artificial testosterone. Removing his penis wouldn t reduce his sex drive at all by itself, with balls or without balls. A simple vasectomy would end his impregnating permanently. If he s afraid he d cheat on his wife or engage in illegal sex acts if he stays intact, chemical or surgical castration with prosthetic artificial testicles implanted and taking low doses of artificial testosterone would leave him looking intact, but allow him to control his own sex drive with T levels.
    Young boys and teens learn about circumcision and voluntary vasectomies in grown men without too much shock or fear. They usually learn about their own circumcisions done as infants without much trauma or fear. Lots of pre puberty boys and some grown men have small and high hanging balls that don t show much when they re naked or showering.
    But a totally missing penis would definitely be noticed by kids. They d wonder why his penis is gone, even if they didn t ask him why. Most boys would ask their own dad what happened to his penis ?
    Most kids do share locker rooms, public showers, pool changing rooms, home bathrooms, hotel rooms, public urinals, go camping, wilderness swims naked, and change clothes with their dads in normal daily life. That s completely normal for dads and sons. Dad hiding behind towels or similar every time would be strange and awkward and likely to fail.
    Most sons do want to know how their own dad is hung when they experience puberty and know how his body looks compared to theirs and what to expect they might inherit from their parents by looking at both the males on the mother s side of the family and their dad and his male relatives as they grow. That s very notmal. Kids know kids look like parents and siblings. They know this at very young ages just by looking around at people. They know some kids look very different from their parents and siblings.
    I d advise him to let age lower his sex drive naturally if he is a young dad. Age lowers most sex drives gradually. Get a vasectomy if he doesn t want any more kids. Lots of dads get sterilized. Sons won t see anything from or know about a simple vasectomy.
    If that doesn t work try libido reducing medications. Chemical castration if he needs more sex drive reduction. Complete chemical castration will reduce his sex drive as much as surgical castration ever would. Removing his penis is beyond reducing his sex drive and unnecessary if he becomes impotent from lack of testosterone by chemical castration.
    I d think having no penis on their own dad would probably trouble his kids a lot as they d see all the other dads and grown men have penises. And learn how few men choose to remove their penises. He could wait until his kids are older, teens or adults, before dad gets his own penis removed.

Tell them it fell off because you misbehaved as a child.

Blog Entries

Whilst that might stop most boys from misbehaving - I think I would have become very naughty indeed...

If the world was sane I wouldn’t need therapy…

I used etanol injections to be rid of my balls and then 2 years later I went about injecting my penis also with ethanol.
    It got very bad and in due time due to numerous problems I requested my doctor to do a radical penectomy which he did agree to do. I spoke to my kds and explained that it was better for me to be without a penis and while they realized it was strange, they did accept it, as it was the best solution for me with the problems that it was giving.

I might add that alot of children where the family are Naturists have already seen every different type of missing equipment that women or men might be missing, and for them it is no big thing.

Take care
    Happy 2018.

Fully Qualified Member

I have raised 3 boys, they look and take notice and ask questions. All my boys bathed together at home and when young it was hard to keep them out of the bath tub with my wife and I. Being a nullo would just take some frank answering to his boys. He could of course make sure his children never see him naked, people do, but that will have an impact on their social and probably sexual outlook. I also volunteered with my boys youth organisation. Despite there strict rules and regulations to protect youth, inevitably boys and other dads will get a glimpse of you naked. Despite boys being wonderful creatures, they can be very cruel, and I think they might be on the wrong end of that if it became common knowledge that their dad didnt have a dick! My advice would be to get castrated, chemically or surgically, if you need or want to, but leave the nullification till your youngest boy is well into his teens.

Your point about timing seems well taken. Not only will it be easier on all concerned but they will have reached an age where some level of understanding is possible. Children can and are very cruel and about far more than a father missing his genitals. Sure, as you say, if word gets around there will be taunting but, candidly, I'd worry more about the parents of other children and their reaction and, I believe, we could all agree they would have one.

As a boy (9 to 13) I enjoyed nudist recreation although it wasn't something I did on a regular bases. On occasion my dad would take my brother and me to a nudist beach where we'd see lots of other families and lots of other kids naked. But for me it wasn't like the literature you read in clothing optional magazines. I didn't see it as a normal activity but that was all part of the fun.

I loved seeing other boys and girls my age naked and being able to play with them like that was really cool. It had an illicit feel to it like I was doing something most people would find socially unacceptable or even shocking but I was getting away with it and I loved seeing what other boys looked like. Almost all us boys were cir'ed in those days and I was beginning to understand it was a body mod as opposed to the natural state of things. But that just turned me on even more. We were all members of the same club so to speak. We'd all had genital mods and everyone was cool with it. This was California where intact boys were few and far between. I saw them as freaks.

If my dad had been a eunuch however I'd have been mortified. If I'd seen a eunuch my age I'd have been both intrigued and horrified. I'd have wanted to talk with him for sure but at the same time it would have been a bit much for me to get my head around. I wouldn't have wanted a eunuch boy as my best friend lest my dad got any weird ideas about me.
    Last edited by Atreyu69; 01-12-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Thread Information