Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8

I really do look like my avatar Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Walking Dead Season 8

Season 8 episode 1 -- "MERCY"
    It was the 100th episode

It's still the zombie apocalypse
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

Blog Entries

Re: Walking Dead Season 8

One of the cast members being interviewed on THE TALKING DEAD revealed that although guns and food are in short supply, this far into the zombie apocalypse the cast still has hair products, nose-hair trimmers, beard and mustache combs and wax, and blow dryers that function. After all, you have to look your best in the zombie apocalypse...
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

Death to Carl Grimes! Seriously, kill this bastard off already.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losethem View Post
    What!
    And not have the fun of watching Sheriff Rick raise Shane's kid?
    {wink, wink}

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    What!
    And not have the fun of watching Sheriff Rick raise Shane's kid?
    {wink, wink}
    Yes, I could do without that. I would have preferred Carl gone, with Shane and Laurie still here. The tension in that trio would have led to an awesome sex scene.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Losethem View Post
    Nah, nah, nah. I like Carl.

The guy who needs to go FIRST is that cowardly turncoat Gregory (Xander Berkeley). I thought for sure Negan was gonna pop him for failing to turn the people of the Hilltop against Maggie. But after what he did to Fr. Gabriel in "Mercy," for whom no good deed goes unpunished, I want Gregory to die in the most horrible way possible.

I often have to force myself to watch TWD anymore. There were only maybe 3 episodes last year that I really enjoyed - the premiere, the mid-season finale, and the season finale. I like Negan as a character but the effect of his presence on the main cast just isn't believable for the most part.

Prior to that, I thought season 6 was absolutely outstanding television. Every week I was on the edge of my seat and became more and more invested in the story. I just rarely care that much at all anymore.

As for the much hyped 100th episode, did ANYTHING even happen? Like literally. It's a blur.

Blog Entries

I think (and hope) that TWD learned a lesson in Season 7. I almost quit the show and made the reasons know online to AMC.
    Negan, as a character, is too psychopathic and destructive. There have been too many times that he has been on the wrong end of a gun and is not dead.
    I despise a number of LAW AND ORDER shows (in their various forms) where some victim takes a gun and resorts to vigilante justice. I think that sort of plot device cheats the viewer and shows a lack of depth in the writers. However, the situation with Negan is ridiculous. As much killing and death as has gone in TWD's world, how is Negan still alive at this point. Keeping the grand asshole of all villains alive for "drama" and "storytelling" is dumb and I think that the audience made that message clear.

The 100th episode is better and promises a better story going forward.

Blog Entries

In the attack on Neegan and his bunch of cronies..well errrr..Carl couldn't hit a Fu@@in barn door with a banjo. Semi automatics clear shots and still Neegan walked to do his worst again.
    Good Job really cos i think Neegan is a really good baddie. I would have probably binned off the rest of the season if he got rubbed out so early on.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that they chain Negan to a tree by his balls and leave him with only a knife as a horde or zombies come toward him.

Either that or simply machete him into tiny pieces in a gigantic festival of blood. (sorry, I got carried way there)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
    In the attack on Neegan and his bunch of cronies..well errrr..Carl couldn't hit a Fu@@in barn door with a banjo. Semi automatics clear shots and still Neegan walked to do his worst again.
    Good Job really cos i think Neegan is a really good baddie. I would have probably binned off the rest of the season if he got rubbed out so early on.
    And I had a second thought -- did you see the picture of Carl in full costume sighting down a rifle with his right eye?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b02a2eaab60a94

oops

i read the comics, have done so since before the first season. used to really love the walking dead. thought the first season was fantastic. but it's steadily going downhill for me. i think this is the second or third season i've missed, hard to keep up with all of the half seasons going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rivianwarrior View Post
    i read the comics, have done so since before the first season. used to really love the walking dead. thought the first season was fantastic. but it's steadily going downhill for me. i think this is the second or third season i've missed, hard to keep up with all of the half seasons going on.
    The joy is with the "Walking Dead" is you can miss whole seasons and after 1 or 2 episodes you are up to speed. If a character is missing then its a safe assumption that he or she has "Croaked it". I am sort of finding season 8 a bit heavy going but will stick with it.
    I sort of feel that the story line is getting very tired and could do with a bit of a refresh.

FULLY Qualified Member Hopeful1's Avatar

I watched an episode (the season premiere?) and Neegan plus posse was standing on a balcony while Rick plus posse hide behind shields pointing rifles at them. Both sides yak back and forth at each other. Nope, just nope! Screw the talking, first chance I get I'm popping Neegan a 5.56mm third eye! So what happens? A bunch of people who can get off a quick cranial snap shot on a zombie open up with full auto weapons and can't hit shit.

I did like the scene at the beginning of the episode when they were up on the bridge and the herd of walkers was going underneath. I was quite happy the walkers weren't there when I drove under that bridge a couple of days later. That's all filmed at the intersection of GA State Road 20 and U.S. 19/41 right at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Same place where they filmed the traffic jam in season 2 where Sophia got lost.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - Robert A. Heinlein
    April 26, 2016

Blog Entries

There's lots of talking to get Negan to surrender.
    Apparently that's an important thing to Rick and company

I too wondered why they didn't just kill him right then and there.

Thread Information