Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8

Blog Entries

Re: Walking Dead Season 8

I think it is about the Walkers mutated into Runners with superhuman abilities just to make it more interesting.
    I am getting bored with series and not far from binning it off.
    The whole thing needs a new angle... yawn....

Curious if the shows worth while considering how spoiler heavy AMC is about it. A really odd business practice I might add. I'm about half way though season 7 with the whole Negen Coral plot line when AMC spoiled his death and my interest tanked.

I really do look like my avatar Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonmormont View Post
    Curious if the shows worth while considering how spoiler heavy AMC is about it. A really odd business practice I might add. I'm about half way though season 7 with the whole Negen Coral plot line when AMC spoiled his death and my interest tanked.
    Negan has an interesting fate. I just finished Season 8, episode 16 and that seems to be the end of him. Truthfully, I despise the character of Negan and his rather ugly antics.
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

Blog Entries

The end of the season...
    Season 8, Episode 16 WRATH...

More action, and this is the end of the Saviors.

And Morgan crosses over to "Fear The Walking Dead"
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

I stopped watching way back when the mayor beheaded the old vet outside of the prison. Made me mad. The only character I admired and could identify with.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    PENIS: Intact_______ERECT LENGTH: 4 Inches_______MODS: Circumcised_____________STATUS: Impotent
    SCROTUM: Intact____SIZE: Compact - Little Hang_____CASTRATION: Bilateral Inguinal___CONTENTS: Silicone/Saline Implants
    SECONDARY: Shelf Hips/Love Handles -- B-cup Breasts/Prominent Nipples -- Body Hair 90% Absent__________LIBIDO: A Distant Memory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madnomadtoo View Post
    I stopped watching way back when the mayor beheaded the old vet outside of the prison. Made me mad. The only character I admired and could identify with.
    I think that the people behind the show say "let's take this character on this unique and soul-torturing journey" and then warp everything else in the show to make that work. It's unsettling to the viewer because everything becomes drawn out. Even that explanation (or attempt) doesn't seem to explain my frustrations.

I stick with it because it's my Sunday night shows. That might sound pathetic but with all the utter trash on TV, and all the shows that want to grab your soul and rend it apart, or all the silly-assed and idiotic comedies, My Sundays remain TWD.

Blog Entries

Spoiler alert here if like me you have not watched EP 16 season 8...ooooops

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
    Spoiler alert here if like me you have not watched EP 16 season 8...ooooops
    uh, what?
    We didn't reveal Negan's fate, or the fate of the Saviors.
    We didn't reveal how or why it happened.

And AMC openly advertised that Morgan Jones was going to cross over to "Fear the Walking Dead." The writers so badly screwed up that spinoff that the show-runners and producers are effectively rebooting the show.

It seems like the show's creators have said "let's play out emotional and psychological traumas and growth of characters for the storyline over the full year (sixteen episodes or longer) and hope that keeps the viewer interested." This is like Daniel Radcliffe's question of JK Rowling (in the extras of "Deathly Hallows 2 or HP8" -- why did she put the secret of the "Harry Potter win" and "defeat of Voldemort" in the minute details of the seventh movie? JK Rowling did that in another of her books "The Silkworm (A Cormoran Strike Novel)" where the clues to the murder mystery are buried deep within the novel.

Now JK Rowling does that in a novel and has screenwriters that made it work in the movies, the The Walking Dead writers just aren't that good and neither are the producers and show-runners. It's frustrating for me as viewer to be forced to work that hard for the climatic effect.

added: I used Rowling as an example to avoid spoiler-ific TWD details.

Fully Qualified Member Freddyjack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    What!
    And not have the fun of watching Sheriff Rick raise Shane's kid?
    {wink, wink}
    Yes I know you wrote this way back but someone, if no one has , has to tell you Shanes kid is the daughter not Carl, Ricks wife got preggy while rick as missing and thought dead
    Sometimes you fuck the dog, Sometimes the dog fucks you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyjack View Post
    Yes I know you wrote this way back but someone, if no one has, has to tell you Shane's kid is the daughter not Carl, Ricks wife got preggy while rick as missing and thought dead
    Oh, yeah... I miss Shane. I wanted to see more of his naked body.
    We watched Carl grow up (so to speak). Remember what happened when Judith was born, too.
    That was two consequences of a Zombie apocalypse -- 1) no one seems to care who the father is, and 2) killing family members about to turn into zombies.

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

I'm a bit annoyed at the crossover. Without giving details about what happened in either the finale of TWD or the premiere of Fear TWD, they could be doing this crossover better.

Fear TWD is a show that takes place starting a month or two before the original series, as they wanted to use it as a device to explain how society ended. Since that start, it's progressed at a rate with time passing about as quickly as it does on the original series. This places Fear TWD, about 4-5 years behind the original. Morgan shows up on Fear TWD, just after his time in Virginia in the Negan story line in the original series, which makes no sense for the chronology of Fear TWD. There has not been an explanation why. So now the timelines are out of whack. I hope this gets explained, because with what has been seen so far, it's not making sense.

I would have written it more like this: Morgan was gone from the original series for several seasons before coming back. For me writing him into Fear TWD would have been handled better by having his disappearance on the original series explained by his showing up in the proper place in Fear TWD's timeline. It would have worked. His absence on the original series (and Rick being unable to find him all that time), could have been easily explained by his being gone traveling out west with the Fear TWD folks.

I have to admit this time discrepancy is annoying me. I hope they get around to explaining it!
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Blog Entries

Consider the locations --
    TWD takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and Alexandria, Virginia.
    FTWD takes place in California.

Scott Gimple said that it would take Morgan Jones months if not a year to cross the USA. The new season of FTWD takes place after Morgan gets there. That means that at least a year passed, if not two or three after last season's end of FTWD.
    I didn't watch that last season of FTWD because I had come to dislike the characters. That's hard to explain. The best explanation I give is that I thought them TSTL (Too Stupid To Live) which is a "sin" I see in movies, short stories, and TV. Characters that walk into danger and die horrible, bloody deaths in horror flicks is

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

With the way the last season of Fear TWD ended, and the characters I saw in the season premiere, they have a lot of loose threads to explain if they are going to time jump to the present time of the original series. For me such a continuity gaffe is worse than getting to the end of the season and having Bobby Ewing show up after he was murdered. Was it really all a dream?
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losethem View Post
    With the way the last season of Fear TWD ended, and the characters I saw in the season premiere, they have a lot of loose threads to explain if they are going to time jump to the present time of the original series. For me such a continuity gaffe is worse than getting to the end of the season and having Bobby Ewing show up after he was murdered. Was it really all a dream?
    What I think they are doing is to jump ahead a year, or two, or three in the timeline and leave the previous seasons as they were and try to forget that they took one of the biggest and most successful franchises and ran the spinoff into the ground. I think that means they are presenting an altogether new story with new characters and situations while giving old characters new attitudes.

Or they just could be covering their asses for turning out a bad show.

Blog Entries

I will have to re visit FOTWD at sometime. I wasn't feeling the love first season but it might be a grower.
    Still haven't got round to watching Episode 16 yet... perhaps tonight ??.

Thread Information