Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What incision type is better...?

What incision type is better...?

For a scrotal castration, what do you think is better?
    ... incision in the middle line or two incisions one right and one left from middle line?

What is better healing and what could have more negative sideeffects?

Any ideas?

Fully Qualified Member

Re: What incision type is better...?

All men already have a raphe line down the center of their scrotum where the scrotum first formed in the womb. It looks like a scar running down the underside and bottom center of the penis and all the way thru the middle of the scrotum to the anus. It looks like scar tissue, a lot like circumcision cut mark scars look on the penis shaft. Some men have very obvious raphe lines that show a lot, other guys less obvious raphe lines on their penis or scrotums.

It depends on if you want your castration scars to show up obvious or you want to hide the gelding cut in your raphe line down the center of your sack ? Two side cuts big enough to remove full sized balls will leave obvious scars to show off to people. Men with extra hairy or high n tight hanging scrotums won t show side scars as much. Low hanger bags and less hairy sacks will show side scars more.

The scrotum has a central full dividing membrane down the middle and between the 2 balls and each ball has its own separate and double layer of interior sack on each side and hidden inside the scrotum to help prevent injuries and infections from spreading to both testicles and leaving men sterile and castrated. So 2 layers of sack need to be cut on each side to remove testicles.

If a man gets artificial testicle implants, which most insurance companies will only pay for fake balls implanted if the man gets the implants at the same time and same surgery opening his scrotum as when his castration is done. Also men should ask their dr which cut locations will work better to install his implants and for holding the implants in best while the scrotum heals up? Most implants have tabs to sew the fake balls onto the ball cords or to the scrotum to anchor them in one place instead of the fake balls staying unattached and free floating in the scrotum. Scar tissue forming in the scrotum after a castration can vaccum pack fake balls in the scar tissue during healing.

A urologist wanting to castrate me for testicle injuries, told me most drs are only taught one way or method to castrate men. They stick to whatever single surgery method they were taught and trained or certified to know how to do from their training and they usually don t learn any new or alternate castration techniques. So you will need to find a dr trained in doing two side cuts or one center cut to have any choice in how he cuts your scrotum and in how he cuts the balls out. You also need to ask each dr exactly what body parts he takes out of the scrotum and what he leaves in the scrotum during the castration. Some drs cut almost everything completely out of the whole scrotum insides and some only cut the balls out. You d need to ask each dr how they do their castrations in detail.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you for this answer!
    The most important thing for me is, what method is faster healing with lower rate of pain or complications.
    It's not a doctor who will doing it on me so I can speak out my wishes.

Fully Qualified Member

Whoever is doing the cutting might still only know and be trained and able to do one method and might not know how to do different methods safely or have any experience doing it the way you want. They might not know about healing and complication rates for methods they don t do a lot themselves. Also be sure to ask what they cut out of your scrotum and how they do it.

It helps to ask a lot of questions.

Also, if you plan to get fake balls and you want them to pull up and down in cold and heat like real balls, then the fake balls need to be sewn onto the spermatic cords to let those ball cords lift the fake balls up in cold and let them hang lower down in the scrotum during heat.

It depends on what you want in your scrotum after the castration is finished.

No fake balls!
    ... fake balls sewn on the cutted cords? Was thinking they will shrink over time what could be complicated tith fakeballs at the end. o.O

... but, now where you say it... extreme small balls (feline size) connected to the ends would be nice!
    But neutricles only available in the US and also they seems not to have connectors for the filament.
    Last edited by jojo25jj; 10-12-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Mine were removed by taking them up through the inguinal canal. I had no problems that way. Three years later, I had the scrotum removed. I did NOT want fakes
    put back since I did not want anything hanging down between my legs. Too bad its so difficult to get the doctor to remove my cock. Would love to have that done...the smooth look.

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

So which is it? Cutting them, burdizzo, or injecting them? You've come in here for some time now claiming you're ready, and that you'll use the popular method du jour.

Make a plan and stick with it. People are growing weary, and this one is convinced you're likely not real at this point.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Inlingual is no option for me!

A small PTFE-Plug at the ends would be nice! Very small Neutricles are not so the right.
    Only a little Thing in the inner of the scrotum for girls playing around...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo25jj View Post
    The most important thing for me is, what method is faster healing with lower rate of pain or complications.
    It's not a doctor who will doing it on me so I can speak out my wishes.
    Well, most of us who have been surgically castrated via scrotal incision had both testicles removed in the same procedure and thus won't be having it done a second time with the other incision technique, to enable having personal experience with the incision location differences.

Since my castration was medically necessary to eliminate virtually all testosterone to stall prostate cancer recurrence, I cannot be on TRT and so I have no sex interest at all anymore, meaning esthetics of my empty, shrunken-up scrotum don't matter post-op to non-existent sex partners or to myself either. But I can share what I did experience, as to surgical technique and my recovery.

My bilateral orchi was performed by my regular urologist in his healthcare org's outpatient OR, with an anesthesiologist and three non-MD assistants attending, fully Medicare-covered, less than 2 miles from my home. My urologist has surgical days twice a month yet this was his first-ever orchiectomy so he took his time. He'd explained earlier that he would use a single midline incision, which is consistent with Johns Hopkins' Prostate Cancer, etc., White Paper and clearly is mainstream. I'd hoped to be awake and lucid during the procedure, with local anesthetic, but their preferred general anesthetic administered via my face mask had me out cold for the 75-minute operation.

I popped awake back in recovery, fully alert like I'd had a 40-min nap at home, in no pain at all. My MD came in and explained he'd given me some local anesthetic in my groin and scrotum to tide me over until I filled my Rx painkiller script on the way home and it could begin working. I was newly wearing a cheap jock strap which held a big wad of gauze against my flattened out yet somewhat swollen scrotum. I got to my feet, dressed myself in street clothes, and was released to my duty driver (my former long-term girlfriend, whom I recruited so she could be the rare ex-GF who got to drive her ex-BF to the hospital to be castrated, an 'honor' she appreciates and still regales her friends with, including her worried new BF!)

I walked into the drugstore with her to get the medicine, the grocery store similarly, then to my home. The local soon wore off yet my scrotum remained painless except for mere awareness that there was a sutured incision. Gradually, both sides of my groin at and above my abdominal wall became touchy and sore, the effect spreading in a crosswise band above the root of my penis. That effect peaked in a day and receded over the next three days to negligible. All physical positions around home were pain-minimal except for bending way over forward as for putting socks on. I never did take any pain medication, not even aspirin.

I assumed the groin pain was caused by each spermatic cord having to be pulled many inches out through my abdominal wall so my surgeon had enough exposed length of it outside my scrotum to tie it off and sever its end with its attached testicle and its epididymis. In later conversation with a different MD who had been a general surgeon who did lots of this kind of surgery, he confirmed that it was this pull on my cords inside my abdomen that was so noticeable, also that modern general anesthetic like I had is marvelous, fast-acting and fast-clearing, way more so than spinals that I had experienced years earlier.

There was only light bruising of my scrotum sides and perineum, showing up the next day and lasting for several more. Swollen cut cord ends -- and scrotum interior sacs, I guess -- initially kept my scrotum nearly normal-sized but that receded over the next several weeks. Since six months post-op I can't feel even the largest of the two cord ends within my slack-walled, empty and shrunken-up scrotum.

My scrotum never gave me any pain problem or bleeding complications, and I dispensed with the gauze after the third day. According to a 10-page written report my urologist wrote and gave me a copy of, there were three lines of sutures along the 1-3/4-inch long incision, two of which were inside and tied together inner sac incisions. All eventually dissolved. My urologist-surgeon at one week had a look at his handiwork but never again asked to see, and nobody else but me has seen it in the 15 months since then--and I've lost all interest in it by now. My never very dangly scrotum isn't dangly at all anymore and I have no issues with it. I used to keep my genitals routinely shaved and did a careful re-touch pre-op, but lack of testosterone since then has caused loss of nearly all body hair shoulders-down, such that my pubes are thin and very slow-growing now.

I can't imagine how two side incisions would meaningfully alter the outcome I had, compared to my single midline incision plus interior ones.
    Last edited by Woggler58; 11-05-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Thank you for your experience! Sounds really good!
    Would benice to read about experiences with two incisions (left and right one)!

Fully Qualified Member

I had a much similar experience in two separate operations, however, the inguinal route was employed for removal.

Through the advancement of medical surgery, medical glue and steri-strips were used to close the incisions, with the narrow steri-strips replacing any gauze normally used to protect the incision site. The steri-strips loosen and glue residue is washed away wirth daily showers over about two weeks. There is barely visible any scar at the incision site.

I too awoke from the general anesthetic as if I had taken a short nap, and after an hour I was on my way to the drug and grocery store on the way home.

For swelling and tenderness, I used prescribed pain medication for a week, and ice compress for the first two days, followed by alternate cold and heat compresses for a week.

A previous vasectomy left more scar tissue on my scrotum mid-line, than any barely visible scar on my abdomen from the testicle removal using the inguinal route method.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggler58 View Post
    Well, most of us who have been surgically castrated via scrotal incision had both testicles removed in the same procedure and thus won't be having it done a second time with the other incision technique, to enable having personal experience with the incision location differences.

Since my castration was medically necessary to eliminate virtually all testosterone to stall prostate cancer recurrence, I cannot be on TRT and so I have no sex interest at all anymore, meaning esthetics of my empty, shrunken-up scrotum don't matter post-op to non-existent sex partners or to myself either. But I can share what I did experience, as to surgical technique and my recovery.

My bilateral orchi was performed by my regular urologist in his healthcare org's outpatient OR, with an anesthesiologist and three non-MD assistants attending, fully Medicare-covered, less than 2 miles from my home. My urologist has surgical days twice a month yet this was his first-ever orchiectomy so he took his time. He'd explained earlier that he would use a single midline incision, which is consistent with Johns Hopkins' Prostate Cancer, etc., White Paper and clearly is mainstream. I'd hoped to be awake and lucid during the procedure, with local anesthetic, but their preferred general anesthetic administered via my face mask had me out cold for the 75-minute operation.

I popped awake back in recovery, fully alert like I'd had a 40-min nap at home, in no pain at all. My MD came in and explained he'd given me some local anesthetic in my groin and scrotum to tide me over until I filled my Rx painkiller script on the way home and it could begin working. I was newly wearing a cheap jock strap which held a big wad of gauze against my flattened out yet somewhat swollen scrotum. I got to my feet, dressed myself in street clothes, and was released to my duty driver (my former long-term girlfriend, whom I recruited so she could be the rare ex-GF who got to drive her ex-BF to the hospital to be castrated, an 'honor' she appreciates and still regales her friends with, including her worried new BF!)

I walked into the drugstore with her to get the medicine, the grocery store similarly, then to my home. The local soon wore off yet my scrotum remained painless except for mere awareness that there was a sutured incision. Gradually, both sides of my groin at and above my abdominal wall became touchy and sore, the effect spreading in a crosswise band above the root of my penis. That effect peaked in a day and receded over the next three days to negligible. All physical positions around home were pain-minimal except for bending way over forward as for putting socks on. I never did take any pain medication, not even aspirin.

I assumed the groin pain was caused by each spermatic cord having to be pulled many inches out through my abdominal wall so my surgeon had enough exposed length of it outside my scrotum to tie it off and sever its end with its attached testicle and its epididymis. In later conversation with a different MD who had been a general surgeon who did lots of this kind of surgery, he confirmed that it was this pull on my cords inside my abdomen that was so noticeable, also that modern general anesthetic like I had is marvelous, fast-acting and fast-clearing, way more so than spinals that I had experienced years earlier.

There was only light bruising of my scrotum sides and perineum, showing up the next day and lasting for several more. Swollen cut cord ends -- and scrotum interior sacs, I guess -- initially kept my scrotum nearly normal-sized but that receded over the next several weeks. Since six months post-op I can't feel even the largest of the two cord ends within my slack-walled, empty and shrunken-up scrotum.

My scrotum never gave me any pain problem or bleeding complications, and I dispensed with the gauze after the third day. According to a 10-page written report my urologist wrote and gave me a copy of, there were three lines of sutures along the 1-3/4-inch long incision, two of which were inside and tied together inner sac incisions. All eventually dissolved. My urologist-surgeon at one week had a look at his handiwork but never again asked to see, and nobody else but me has seen it in the 15 months since then--and I've lost all interest in it by now. My never very dangly scrotum isn't dangly at all anymore and I have no issues with it. I used to keep my genitals routinely shaved and did a careful re-touch pre-op, but lack of testosterone since then has caused loss of nearly all body hair shoulders-down, such that my pubes are thin and very slow-growing now.

I can't imagine how two side incisions would meaningfully alter the outcome I had, compared to my single midline incision plus interior ones.

Inlingual is no option for me. Scrotal is set but don't know with one or two incisions.
    Would prefer two incisions, but not much people seems to have done that...?

Mine was done in two different operations one incision on each side and healing is very quick no problems. The cords to take a while to go away.

Sounds good! I would prefer the two cut methode.
    You can't touch your cords anymore?

Newly Active Member

When I was castrated, the surgeon said that he preferred two horizontal cuts.
    When I asked him why, he stated that the scrotum would shrink better and would be smaller after healing.
    I was castrated with two horizontal cuts.
    He was right. Within one year my scrotum has shrunk so much it looks almost it had been removed.
    The only time I see any scrotal skin hanging is right after a hot shower. When I look in a mirror i see a single strip of skin, from front to back, that hangs down about one inch or less. The strip looks to be 1/8th of an inch thick or so.

Thread Information