Thread: Give No T a try

Give No T a try

So I'm on HRT since I had my testicles removed last September, finally decide to try live without T, supposed to do a shot yesterday, 'missed' it. I'm thinking about go without T for 5~6 weeks. At the same time workout hard to keep as much muscle mass as I can and try not to gain fat. Keep a very close eye on my nipples(hate to grow breast tissue). Anyway I'll keep everyone updated

Re: Give No T a try

I went 2.5 years no T and wish that I wouldn't have needed to go on T.

Blog Entries

Thanks let us know how you get on.

Happily Fully Qualified Regular daifu-orchid's Avatar

No T is a very good feeling. (There are many warnings about what might happen so keep in touch with the medical professional.)
    It's also seems worth noting that only recently was it even possible to replace the eunuch's T. Many eunuchs have and continue to live to a ripe old age with no T. It was, of course, how eunuchs were expected to be.
    Nipple growth? Minimal and anyway, there are many folks with much more and it doesn't even get a mention.
    Tell us how it works you.

Living without testosterone as a nullo is always a plus, however, for some of us, depression is often the negative. Many eunuchs who strive and try to live without adding back testosterone experience a deep blackness that's hard to deal with. I have this problem when I stop using T. I also have recently been told that my bones are getting smaller as a result of low testosterone. I use a low dose regimen, have for years. Now my doctor wants me to increase my testosterone to bring up my levels which may increase my bone density. Osteoporosis is also a risk for eunuchs. So, though I like living without testosterone, there are risks to consider.

May be estradiol instead testosterone to prevent depression?

Participating Member

I was chemically castrated by Lupron for three years. I lost a lot of bone density, from normal to almost osteoporosis in less than 2 years. The first 6 months were pretty easy, though my male equipment shrank a lot. The next 6 months were rough, with onset of some depression due to a confluence of factors including lack of T. Anti-depressant helped for a year or so, then got off of that. It's very hard to live without testosterone, let me assure anyone doubting that. Hot flashes, fatigue, brain fog, no sex life at all, no ability, no interest. No interest really in much of anything at all. It is not an easy life.

I've been off of that now for a year and a half, and doing well. Oddly a little breast growth happened after T recovered! Apparently, the return of T is too much, and my body converted the excess to estrogen; my breasts became tender, and got some glandular growth in there. Anyway, most symptoms have resolved, though still some occasional hot flashes (one a night, one or two a day, may be permanent?). If I have to go back on it due to medical necessity, it will be permanent. I'm planning on surgical castration at that point, and there won't be any hope of ever having testosterone again. It's a sobering thought.

I'll request estradiol patches for the hot flashes, and maybe to help with osteoporosis. Some say that it is effective for both. If I get even bigger breasts from that, so be it. I'm not going to fight it.

Happily Fully Qualified Regular daifu-orchid's Avatar

No T for me feels good, without depression so far. Do I ever feel depressed? Probably as much or as little as anyone else, but it is hard to blame the No T, as it doesn't seem related in time. I've never needed medication or help for it.

My T is usually T cypionate, which is a very slow release preparation, so the T falls slowly when the injections stop. Perhaps it gives me time to adjust. Flashes are my signal that I am at virtually no T, but it takes many weeks. At that point I feel social but not sexual, relaxed and more productive in work and leisure. Concentration, focus seem easier.
    I guess that means that I have moved from the male camp, but even if feel in some middle zone, I don't feel in any way female.
    How am I perceived? I don't know, but I think most males seem not to notice, but I think the moment I hit lowest T, my odor changes, with the loss of skin grease, the ladies continue friendly but do not seem interested in a sexual dimension. Pheromones seem powerful things.
    All in all, I have to agree with Tugon, that it is a fine space to live in.

Guys, thanks for your reply. Tomorrow will be week two without T, so far everything still works fine, still get an erection pretty easy. Started to have a lack of energy feeling--sleepy all the time, the day before yesterday I slept for about 11 hours. I'll say so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Varys2013 View Post
    I was chemically castrated by Lupron for three years. I lost a lot of bone density, from normal to almost osteoporosis in less than 2 years. The first 6 months were pretty easy, though my male equipment shrank a lot. The next 6 months were rough, with onset of some depression due to a confluence of factors including lack of T. Anti-depressant helped for a year or so, then got off of that. It's very hard to live without testosterone, let me assure anyone doubting that. Hot flashes, fatigue, brain fog, no sex life at all, no ability, no interest. No interest really in much of anything at all. It is not an easy life.

I've been off of that now for a year and a half, and doing well. Oddly a little breast growth happened after T recovered! Apparently, the return of T is too much, and my body converted the excess to estrogen; my breasts became tender, and got some glandular growth in there. Anyway, most symptoms have resolved, though still some occasional hot flashes (one a night, one or two a day, may be permanent?). If I have to go back on it due to medical necessity, it will be permanent. I'm planning on surgical castration at that point, and there won't be any hope of ever having testosterone again. It's a sobering thought.

I'll request estradiol patches for the hot flashes, and maybe to help with osteoporosis. Some say that it is effective for both. If I get even bigger breasts from that, so be it. I'm not going to fight it.
    IMO, Lupron is poison. I was on it for a year and a half as part of the treatment for prostate cancer. I posted plenty here on EA about my dislike for it so I don't want repeat myself. Try searching my past posts if you're interested.
    I was castrated almost 2 years ago and haven't had any TRT. I also haven't had any of the miserable side effects I had while on Lupron.
    Castrated with a scrotal reduction by my urologist in a local hospital, Sept. 3, 2015.
    Eunuch lives matter!

In my experience in one year since being surgically castrated at age 73 to chill recurred prostate cancer, my libido departed rapidly, then the rest of erectile ability. All other expected effects which materialized at all did so gradually over many months, as happened to me. I imagine that sudden disappearance of testosterone from one's blood stream does not immediately deplete accumulated testosterone from every last myriad location where it is used in one's body. Those places have to exhaust their built-up supply before the lack of T in one's blood makes much difference. It seems to work like stopping eating -- one doesn't starve to death right away.

Blog Entries

I can see the varied experiences and responses here. I had naturally low T for about 6 years (actually I can look back 10 years and see the decline) and I kept having worse health problems. Everytime I went to my doctor about something, instead of looking for the problems, he would just try to medicate. I suffered from gum loss, skin infections, very slow recovery from exercise, weight gain, sunburn sensitivity, boils, sensitivity to deodorant, skin lesions in private areas, low energy, depression, brain haze (why can't I do my job, I know this material!) and the worst was my joint and muscle pain. I thought I had arthritis. My doctor was no help. Lets not even talk about sexual dysfunction. I didn't have "that low, but low enough to look into" levels but within 3 weeks, every symptom I had disappeared and I have felt much better. I'm not trying to be superman, just be able to live and do my job without pain and depression, I had been on antibiotics every month for something! I'm now on a dose of Testosterone cypionate and feeling like a normal person. I was castrated 2 weeks ago. I had a dysphoria with my testicles since age 14 but knew I need what they provide. Well, they arent' providing it, so guess what? They are history. So now I have a "medical necessity" and feel right with my dysphoria. Like mentioned above, its tough living without T. I'm certain a bullet would have been in my future if I had to live the rest of my life as miserable as I felt when it was low. No joking.
    Eunuch since August 24, 2017

Participating Member

Quote Originally Posted by Split6 Gelding View Post
    I can see the varied experiences and responses here. I had naturally low T for about 6 years (actually I can look back 10 years and see the decline) and I kept having worse health problems. Everytime I went to my doctor about something, instead of looking for the problems, he would just try to medicate. I suffered from gum loss, skin infections, very slow recovery from exercise, weight gain, sunburn sensitivity, boils, sensitivity to deodorant, skin lesions in private areas, low energy, depression, brain haze (why can't I do my job, I know this material!) and the worst was my joint and muscle pain. I thought I had arthritis. My doctor was no help. Lets not even talk about sexual dysfunction. I didn't have "that low, but low enough to look into" levels but within 3 weeks, every symptom I had disappeared and I have felt much better. I'm not trying to be superman, just be able to live and do my job without pain and depression, I had been on antibiotics every month for something! I'm now on a dose of Testosterone cypionate and feeling like a normal person. I was castrated 2 weeks ago. I had a dysphoria with my testicles since age 14 but knew I need what they provide. Well, they arent' providing it, so guess what? They are history. So now I have a "medical necessity" and feel right with my dysphoria. Like mentioned above, its tough living without T. I'm certain a bullet would have been in my future if I had to live the rest of my life as miserable as I felt when it was low. No joking.
    I've had low testosterone for a whole bunch of my life, perhaps even partly because of the loss of one testicle at age 12. One doc recommended that I have both testicles removed at age 24 due to a birth defect that had left me with very short testicular cords and quite a few serious testicular infections. I didn't have it done 'til age 57, but have for sure never regretted it, including having it done in a scene with several onlookers. To HRT: That HRT was available made me approach castration with anticipation of remaining sexual with HRT. It's worked. No doctor I've ever discussed it with ever accept that I think about no T. I'm now a healthy 74, and my cardiologist fired me several years ago, saying I was wasting his time and mine by even coming once a year.

Thread Information