Thread: Extreme Depression

Extreme Depression

Has anyone else faced this prior to being castrated and did it improve afterwards? Every day I wake up has turned into living agony... Going to bed at night is the best part of my day and sleep is the only time I find comfort. My thoughts race around my need to be castrated and it being the only way I will find true comfort and happiness. I'm completely fixated on this process, banding recently has made my desire even more intense wishing I could just do it myself. I hope someday I can overcome this obstacle and find happiness again.

No T Eunuch since 12/06/97 tugon's Avatar

Re: Extreme Depression

A word or two of warning! Some have experienced more depression with a loss of T. You do not sound like you could be burdened with any more depression. After castration I had more intense emotions where sadness was sadder and things that brought happiness brought greater happiness. Initially my emotions were much like riding a rollercoaster but they have smoothed out over the years. I would go to movies or out with friends and if the situation was sad there would be a lot of public crying.

As a child and then as an adult I was a victim of sexual and physical abuse. My mind did an awesome job of repressing how awful life had been. I was depressed but I thought it was a clinical depression. I took anti depressants to help with the symptoms. What helped most was the realization my depression was based on life events and not due to a chemical imbalance only.

I feel strongly that the depression should be addressed before altering any more of the bodies systems. I was less depressed after castration but my gender issues dissipated and my self destructive behavior had lessened. I was more myself and happier with myself. Of course many do not feel this way after castration.
    Tugon (two gone)

Introverts Unite!
    Separately in your own homes.

Quote Originally Posted by tugon View Post
    A word or two of warning! Some have experienced more depression with a loss of T. You do not sound like you could be burdened with any more depression. After castration I had more intense emotions where sadness was sadder and things that brought happiness brought greater happiness. Initially my emotions were much like riding a rollercoaster but they have smoothed out over the years. I would go to movies or out with friends and if the situation was sad there would be a lot of public crying.

As a child and then as an adult I was a victim of sexual and physical abuse. My mind did an awesome job of repressing how awful life had been. I was depressed but I thought it was a clinical depression. I took anti depressants to help with the symptoms. What helped most was the realization my depression was based on life events and not due to a chemical imbalance only.

I feel strongly that the depression should be addressed before altering any more of the bodies systems. I was less depressed after castration but my gender issues dissipated and my self destructive behavior had lessened. I was more myself and happier with myself. Of course many do not feel this way after castration.
    That is an interesting perspective, thank you for that. I still cannot pinpoint my depression to anything other than this. I did not remotely feel as bad as I do now before I started having these compulsions. I was/am an extremely average person besides this fiery desire to remove my testicles... For aesthetic reasons, chemical reasons, and identity reasons.

Fully Qualified Member hopper44's Avatar

Are you taking anything for the depression? If not, perhaps that would be a better place to start. I never really dealt with depression until I was castrated but found that I needed both hormones and antidepressants to deal with it.

Concur and or agree with tugon. After castration I experienced severe dark deep depression as never before. It was debilitating. Your desire and need for castration might actually make your depression worse, so you need to protect yourself and get some professional help first. It's not something to hide or be embarrassed about, depression is a real problem for many people. You'd probably be surprised at how many people you know or work with who are taking some type of medication for depression. So please do listen to us, many of us here have been where you are now, we got help and it's made our lives so much better and rewarding.

Fully Qualified Member T van Keel's Avatar

One thing I would like to know is if increase of depression is also an issue after castration when you get full testo replacement?

My experience is that my unfulfilled need for nullification depresses me a lot from time to time. In the past I already used antidepressants, but I found out they improved my depression only a litte bit and made me rather indifferent so I didn't care enough about the daily things you need to do. That wasn't good, so I stopped the med.
    Last edited by T van Keel; 06-18-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: mistake corrected

Antidepressants do not work, they have the same effects as placebos. It seems that the guts are our second brain. What disrupts the intestine may also disrupts our brain. The latest studies have shown that depression comes from the intestine. When they transfer microbiota from one individual to another, the symptoms are also transferred.

Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, said 2500 years ago: "Let your food be your first medicine" Chemicals are all endocrine disruptors. If you mess up with your hormones , you also mess up with your health.

What we eat is very important, it'll affect our physical and mental health, positively or negatively.

Hypothyroidism is closely related to depression. When the thyroxine goes down, the cortisol (also called the stress hormone) goes up.

To cure depression, it'd be wise to take iodine and omega 3 supplements and avoid chemicals like chlorine (tap water) and fluoride (tooth paste...), which are known to block the iodine receptors on the thyroid.

Iodized salt is a good source of iodine but sodium chloride is not recommendable for our health.

Fully Qualified Member

There have been many, many studies conducted on the antidepressants' effects on depression (as well as anxiety disorders) and in a lot of cases they actually do have an effect. You can't just throw a whole class of drugs over the board because they *sometimes* do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by paring View Post
    Antidepressants do not work, they have the same effects as placebos. It seems that the guts are our second brain. What disrupts the intestine may also disrupts our brain. The latest studies have shown that depression comes from the intestine. When they transfer microbiota from one individual to another, the symptoms are also transferred.

Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, said 2500 years ago: "Let your food be your first medicine" Chemicals are all endocrine disruptors. If you mess up with your hormones , you also mess up with your health.

What we eat is very important, it'll affect our physical and mental health, positively or negatively.

Hypothyroidism is closely related to depression. When the thyroxine goes down, the cortisol (also called the stress hormone) goes up.

To cure depression, it'd be wise to take iodine and omega 3 supplements and avoid chemicals like chlorine (tap water) and fluoride (tooth paste...), which are known to block the iodine receptors on the thyroid.

Iodized salt is a good source of iodine but sodium chloride is not recommendable for our health.

Thread Information