Thread: Talking to a Therapist

Talking to a Therapist

Hello everyone,
    I don't usually post here, either I have nothing to say, or this forum is very rich with other people's experiences.
    Anyway, I really want to talk about my desire toward castration to a therapist but I am very scared to talk about it and I wanna know for sure if this something I wanted for the rest of my life. I'm scared of the outcomes like how the therapist will react to me, and what if I really have to be castrated. Being eunuch is something I have felt since I was 9 or 10 years and I find it extremely hard to explain why I want that. I am thinking of everything of my life like if there's a reason behind it can fixed or an excuse.

Re: Talking to a Therapist

If you know that the Therapist specializes in sexual issues/problems, then you shouldn't be afraid to discuss your desires. Believe me, most Therapists who have been dealing with sexual issues and or problems for an average length of time have heard a lot of strange and peculiar things. What you need to know is that your castration desire is not unusual or rare. It's more common than most people think. Millions of men have thought about castration, contemplated castration, that doesn't mean that they've gone through with it, but they've thought about it. I think seeing a Therapist would be good for you. Suggestion: Find a woman therapist or woman psychologist. Most women (not all) are more sympathetic and understanding. Castration is also a subject that many women have thought about at one time or another and some have considered castration for their significant others. I knew a dominatrix who told me that she worked on a lot of men who wanted her to castrate them and penectomize them. She said she never did but thought about it and had actually injured a man's testicles to the point that one testicle atrophied or died. Anyway, find a woman therapist who specializes in sexual issues or problems. There are a lot of them out there. http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender-therapists

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssxx6767xxss View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I don't usually post here, either I have nothing to say, or this forum is very rich with other people's experiences.
    Anyway, I really want to talk about my desire toward castration to a therapist but I am very scared to talk about it and I wanna know for sure if this something I wanted for the rest of my life. I'm scared of the outcomes like how the therapist will react to me, and what if I really have to be castrated. Being eunuch is something I have felt since I was 9 or 10 years and I find it extremely hard to explain why I want that. I am thinking of everything of my life like if there's a reason behind it can fixed or an excuse.
    As I've met you in person, achieved all my goals and got it all done local to where you live, I have insight.

You've however not reached out to me recently. If you'd like that insight and what you need to do, write me privately. I know of a therapist in your area that will not question you, but instead help you explore this side of yourself, and, ultimately if it's what you truly feel you need, write a support letter to have the modifications done to your body, be it castration, penectomy, or both.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

There really is no need to find a female therapist. The therapist who provided my letter for orchiectomy happened to be a transgender man. If *anyone* was going to be squeamish about an individual wanting castration, I'd think it would be a transgender man, who should have been born with testicles in the first place. He didn't show the slightest judgment, however, and was immensely supportive. Once I lose enough weight to progress to the further surgery I need, I will likely go back to that same therapist for one of my new letters.
    Castrated 8/12/2015 and on low dose estrogen. I identify as third gender, eventually planning on penile inversion. My preferred pronoun is "they/them/their."

Quote Originally Posted by ssxx6767xxss View Post
    Hello everyone,
    This is so recognizable. The desire, the shame, the fear. Knowing the desire, the longing, the confusion and wanting to run away from it. There were two things in the beginning that helped me a lot. 1) I met Losethem on the internet who seamed not to be an insane person, on the contrary! 2) I joyned the Eunuch Archive after some hesitation and a running away. You have made those two steps already, congratulations. You are not the only one, you are not alone. Read the experiences of others. Read Losethem's story Eunuch and Back Again.

http://www.eunuchworld.org/view.php?storyid=2323

Don't force anything. When something of yourself is difficult to accept, let it be. You can make a list of the steps to take, and your hesitations. Cheetaking started the Thread What is the biggest thing stopping you?

http://forums.eunuch.org/showthread....you&highlight=

I'm already several years member of the EA and at still at the point that I have to contact a therapist. Some years ago I got the balls to talk about it with my GP and and for the intake of a therapygroup (not transgender) with a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I told them that I wanted to get castrated. I got the impression that my GP felt a little uneasy about the idea to get castrated and transgender MtE. For the psychologist and psychiatist it was no problem. The conclusion of the psychiatist was that didn't have any psyciatric illeness. My desire for a castration was officialy not insane!!!!
    I didn't know how to contact the VUmc Transgendergroup, believed it was only for MtF and FtM transgender. Our Jesus made me clear it was for MtE too. I wrote an extensive email to the VUmc and got the answere that I need a referral from my GP and there is waiting list of several months. Back to my GP, with his reaction in the past? In the mean time I have a new GP and I hope to get a referral for the VUmc Transgender group. The time that has passed is not lost, it made it possible to get ready with all these thoughts, desire, fear and so on.

Good luck with journey!
    so far for now = later more

I was in the same boat perhaps and found total understanding about sexual desires. First I spoke with a counselor about my habit of wearing lingerie and got the thumbs up and not to be worried because it is a expression of my sexuality. But as many here I also have had an aversion to having testicles. I am now seeing a GP who specializes in Transgender and while he is not ready to give a referral to have them removed he is thinking about HRT. Male to eunuch is not as popular now as it has been in history. However thousands of men are castrated for prostate cancer ever day with not a hint of being an issue. I think I am taking the right path under the care of a Md and hopeful I find out what is the best for me. Hope you find the same. "It takes Balls to ask about Castration" Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MikePalmer View Post
    I was in the same boat perhaps and found total understanding about sexual desires. First I spoke with a counselor about my habit of wearing lingerie and got the thumbs up and not to be worried because it is a expression of my sexuality. But as many here I also have had an aversion to having testicles. I am now seeing a GP who specializes in Transgender and while he is not ready to give a referral to have them removed he is thinking about HRT. Male to eunuch is not as popular now as it has been in history. However thousands of men are castrated for prostate cancer ever day with not a hint of being an issue. I think I am taking the right path under the care of a Md and hopeful I find out what is the best for me. Hope you find the same. "It takes Balls to ask about Castration" Good luck
    If you're Male to Eunuch, what is the reason for the HRT?

The issue for most is they like being otherwise male, but they need testosterone for that. Is your desire something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Losethem View Post
    If you're Male to Eunuch, what is the reason for the HRT?

The issue for most is they like being otherwise male, but they need testosterone for that. Is your desire something different?
    HRT would be the first step in chemical castration. He is thinking about Spironolactone and not Testosterone. I am talking with him this week and will let you know. My issues are being over sexualized and not getting things done I should, dislike my physical appearance and the need for surgery of 2 hydroceles. I just did an introduction and have a little more information about my desires. Truly I am not sure what path to take, just know I need to try something now and am seeking professional advice and genuine advice from the experience here.

Ideally I want to overcome my hyper-sexual thoughts and my physical and emotional discomfort of having testicles. Femininezation is something that always comes up when someone is considering elective castration. I must think about that too since I have a feminine carving for lingerie too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePalmer View Post
    HRT would be the first step in chemical castration. He is thinking about Spironolactone and not Testosterone. I am talking with him this week and will let you know. My issues are being over sexualized and not getting things done I should, dislike my physical appearance and the need for surgery of 2 hydroceles. I just did an introduction and have a little more information about my desires. Truly I am not sure what path to take, just know I need to try something now and am seeking professional advice and genuine advice from the experience here.

Ideally I want to overcome my hyper-sexual thoughts and my physical and emotional discomfort of having testicles. Femininezation is something that always comes up when someone is considering elective castration. I must think about that too since I have a feminine carving for lingerie too.
    Thanks for clarifying, I was admittedly confused. It just goes to show we all have a different path and different desired outcomes, which is great. As I often say, if we all were the same, the world would be quite boring.

Blog Entries

I understand your struggles with talking to a therapist about it, but its the best thing I ever did. I mistakenly believed alcohol injections was the sure way to get castrated. It didn't work after they were identified as totally non functioning, but nobody seemed to care since they aren't a health threat. I was beside myself. That's when I decided screw it, I don't care what anybody thinks. I found a LGBT therapist that specializes in helping transgender people. Its the best thing I ever did. Not only did she (a lesbian herself, she told me) ultimately write me a letter recommending me for castration, but she helped me understand I'm not all alone, I'm not insane, and there is no reason people like me shouldn't safely get the help we ask for. The next step was to find a surgeon. Try calling every doctor around and asking the receptionist if he does orchiectomy and find out the responses you get. I did. But I was actually referred to a plastic surgeon who ultimately was glad to help me. I wasn't treated like a freak, or a mental patient. I was treated like a person asking for a procedure, and a legitimate need for it. Try to be brave. You aren't the only one. If you find a therapist helping Transgender people, you will be totally understood. Even if you discover castration isn't right for you, you will understand why and you will be very relieved. I wish you good luck and hope you find the answer/solution that satisfies you.
    Eunuch since August 24, 2017

Thread Information