Thread: chemical castration and working out

chemical castration and working out

so for those castrated or chemicaly castrated should we do womens workouts?

Blog Entries

Re: chemical castration and working out

I would try to continue with the routine you are used to.
    If you do weights and C.V. then carry on with this.
    You may experience some loss of strength and stamina however.

Fully Qualified Member

I agree that one should continue with the workout routine with which you are familiar and doing, then after 60 to 90 days evaluate the results you achieve, then change it only if you desire different results.

well I currently don't have a workout routine and am badly out of shape

Blog Entries

You could go to a gym that has fitness classes to get some idea of what its all about.
    Most gyms have these sort of classes and they are for all abilities.
    Failing that leave the car at home more.

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sara1987 View Post
    so for those castrated or chemicaly castrated should we do womens workouts?
    I belong to a co-ed gym. We all do the same exercises. I don't think that there is such a thing as "women's workouts". We all workout to the best of our individual abilities. Some of the women are stronger and have more stamina than some of the men. If you're castrated, you need to do strenuous workouts at least three times a week to maintain your health, as well as to maintain a healthy diet.

Fully Qualified Member

Sara,
    It certainly is never too late to vegin a simple routine. Starting and doing something, anything for 21 days can become a habit. Since you say you are out of shape, two suggestions come to mind: 1) Begin with walking 20 - 30 minutes a day, or at least 3 times a week. If you find this to be too strenuous, start with 15 minutes a day and add a minute each day. You shall be surprised how fast it becomes easy to maintain and add time each time you walk. 2) Do swimming in a pool. Water exercises like running in-place and swimming laps are wonderful, as they do not put pressure on your bones, and will strengthen your breathing capacity. Persistance is the key. Remember, no person ever became out of shape overnight, and getting back in-shape is no different. Even small gains help with motivation and self-esteem, and often lead us to make other needed changes, such as nutritional good choices.

Weight should not be the focus or measurement of progress. Rather, lost inches, best observed by looser fitting clothing help motivation and is a better measure of progress toward a desired new body shape. Weight is not a good measure as with exercise will build muscle, and muscle will weigh more than lost body fat.

Also important is the consumption of water. It is critically needed to keep hydriated and flush out the body fat used as body energy for increased exercise. A good guideline for daily water consumption is divide your body weight pounds number in half, and consume that number in water in ounces throughout each day. For example, a person with a body weight of 256 pounds would consume 128 ounces of water per day, which is 1 gallon of water each day. I know people that consume that much in coffee and/or soda drinks per day, so it can be done with an adjustment of that which is consumed throughout the day.

Try these suggestions; you will like it and the new you! Best wishes.

I don't really work out aside from regular walks, and then hiking and bike riding in the summer.

It's probably not optimal but I don't feel hindered anywhere in life by weakness and I feel like I'm in pretty good shape. I also have been very good with my weight, and I'm maintaining it really well, but a lot of that does have to do with diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    I don't really work out aside from regular walks, and then hiking and bike riding in the summer.

It's probably not optimal but I don't feel hindered anywhere in life by weakness and I feel like I'm in pretty good shape. I also have been very good with my weight, and I'm maintaining it really well, but a lot of that does have to do with diet.
    I work out several times a week even tho my testosterone dropped way off have almost no hair on body.I also noticed not as strong as before see some women out performing me but maintained my weight.

Chemical Eunuch
    Blog Entries

I used to do work outs, and when I was going through chemical castration, I lost my energy and stamina. I gained weight and got lazy. But when I added first Tamoxifen and recently Raloxifene (a anti-estrogen that help prevent feminizatio and more importantly osteoporosis), I got more energy. Recently, I joined YMCA and got myself back into working out, aerobic types like treadmills, stair masters, and swimming, as well as a weights a few times a week. I also chose a few classes that I found fun - African dance, zumba, and yoga.

The reasons I chose to get active again are several: I just wanted to stay healthy. I am not fit, but just taking care of my body. Being castrated, it is a real risk of getting osteoporosis. Having an active lifestyle, especially with weight bearing exercises, help reduce the chance of osteoporosis.

Nutless offered a lot of great suggestions to get started. I might add a few ideas that helped me. Hopefully, they are of use to you too:

(1) If your budget allows, get a personal trainer, at least for a few sessions, so you do the exercises effectively and not run the risk of injuring yourself. Of course, choosing a good looking trainer always give you that little bit more motivation of making your appointment. If your budget doesn't allow, join free classes and be assertive to ask whether you're doing things right.

(2) Find a friend who is willing to be a gym partner. He/she need not be a beginner. Just having a gym date with a friend makes it harder for you to skip gym and stay on the coach.

(3) Put a lot of favorite high energy songs on your phone to listen to while exercising. They tend to make you get through exercises, especially treadmills, much faster. Of course, if the gym offers TV's on aerobic machines, bring along a headphone, and enjoy it.

(4) Never be shy about being a beginner. Everybody got to go through that stage. And there are almost always a few people just as new to all this as you.

It's great that you asked about exercise. Hope you get started and start building up your health.

Best of luck.

I am surgically castrated and do very physical work and exercise just the same as always! When T is gone the biggest problem is keeping up motivation as for me that was the biggest issue.

Thread Information