Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Depo testosterone outage??

Depo testosterone outage??

I am in Canada, I've been on Depo T injection since my castration Sep 2016, went to the pharmacy for my refill, they said they are out of stock!! Called other pharmacy in town, all gone! they said the drug company no longer produce them. I rather pay $23 for 10 week, not the gel $125/month.

Nullo Since June 23, 2015 Losethem's Avatar

Re: Depo testosterone outage??

I'm on testosterone cypionate, seems to work well for me and I've not heard of any outages. Multiple companies manufacture it.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I guess the shortage is only in Canada then.

Do you want to try "Nebido" (made in Germany), one shot last 3 months. I have a couple vials that I don't use.

Nebido isn't a good idea...
    Testosterone Depot is available from many producers and cypionate is the same thing as enanthate if you looking on the results.
    Ask your drugstore about alternatives! There are many of them.

There have been regional and national shortages of testosterone compounds since they have been heavily advertised as the answer to old age, tiredness and many other more or less normal conditions of men. The advertising has died down but the demand continues to the enrichment of drug manufactures. --FLO--
    Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.

FULLY Qualified Member Hopeful1's Avatar

The shortage may be hitting testosterone now? There has been a shortage of injectable estrogen for quite some time which has really been affecting transwomen. The reason for it was the company that made one of the ingredients ceased production and the manufacturers had to find another supplier. Even though it was the same ingredient, because it is a different supplier, they apparently had to get new approval from the FDA. And of course being a bureaucracy, the FDA has been dragging their feet. If the shortage hits T, maybe that will mobilize the "old men" in Washington to get someone off their butt and approve new ingredients.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - Robert A. Heinlein
    April 26, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jojo25jj View Post
    Nebido isn't a good idea...
    Testosterone Depot is available from many producers and cypionate is the same thing as enanthate if you looking on the results.
    Ask your drugstore about alternatives! There are many of them.
    Are you pharmacist or have you use it yourself to say that "Nebido isn't a good idea" ?

Member, Sisters of Perpetual Responsibility kristoff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paring View Post
    Are you pharmacist or have you use it yourself to say that "Nebido isn't a good idea" ?
    No, he's a walking pharmacy, trying all kind of drugs and potions, never anything conclusive for lack of longevity. Easily dismissed.
    Nuke a Gay Baby Whale for Jesus

On nebido the most people have to high levels over long time and then too low levels also over long time.
    Theoretically a good idea with long esters, but they are too long and not under your control if you have inject it.

Is the testosterone interruption after castration hard and bad thing?

On me very low testosterone has very bad sideeffects on health and strenght. It's a feeling like to be 80 years old...

Participating Member

On nebido the most people have to high levels over long time and then too low levels also over long time.
    Theoretically a good idea with long esters, but they are too long and not under your control if you have inject it.
    I take nebido1000 as 3 months injection since June 2016 (so 3 meanwhile).... I feel very horny and so probably the level is high.... but I have not experienced a loss within the 12-13 weeks until now.

Do you have measured the levels?
    Mostly the T level is too high from it (after reading any experiences) and that's what I don't like.
    Could be I'll try it, but not now. Also bad is the huge amount of the injection (4ml) ... uaaah!
    No good thing for the muscles where you inject it.
    Also, you shouldn't do that for yourself so it because it should be injected in the butt muscles as two separate injections.

At time I have a very good routine with 0.4ml Enanthate all 5 or 6 days subcutane.
    @ msucleoscar any stuff with enanthate or cypionate esters are good for trt.

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

Mostly the T level is too high from it (after reading any experiences) and that's what I don't like.
    Could be I'll try it, but not now. Also bad is the huge amount of the injection (4ml) ... uaaah!
    No good thing for the muscles where you inject it.
    Also, you shouldn't do that for yourself so it because it should be injected in the butt muscles as two separate injections.

At time I have a very good routine with 0.4ml Enanthate all 5 or 6 days subcutane.
    @ msucleoscar any stuff with enanthate or cypionate esters are good for trt.
    I inject 1ml weekly in the buttocks, which gives me plenty of T, as much as a typical man who is younger than 25. Its not hard to inject, although its easier to have someone else do it, for sure.

Thread Information