Page 164 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2497

Thread: There's Always The Weather

smokes Re: There's Always The Weather

The count is now 1.2 dekasquirrels.

When it was like one squirrel occassionally spotted, that was okay.
    But, 1.2 dekasquirrels, that's 12 or a dozen in American,
    is obviously too many squirrels in this end of suburbia.

I do enjoy my garden and the squirrels enjoy the loquats, tiny green avocados,
    apricots, etc.

The sweet shelling peas are some seven feet tall and the lower pods are sweet
    with tender shells sweeter than the peas inside which are big. I pick, destring and eat.

Today I planted mixed spinach seeds again and 2 kinds of seedless watermelon seeds.

Some weeks ago I spotted a rabbit in my front yard. I heard from neighbors there was a rabbit about.
    If it gets into my lettuce, arugula, or future spinach <hope> <hope> it will not be so cute anymore. And I imagine trapping to be more difficult and peanut butter is probably not a rabbit lure. What is? A carrot?

Moi

PS No to mothballs. OFBK (Old Fat Black Kitty) now 18 years old would probably not like them.
    It's her yard too. She use to be quite a rat killer and consumed them in her youth.

Weather fronts that bring rain to the north bring cool breezes and
    cloudy skies to the O.C. Gray clouds. White clouds. Partially cloudy. Totally cloudy. And hazy too.
    All in the matter of 1 hour. That's 100 centiminutes in Metric where 1 hour is a tenth of a day. No it can't be over 2.4 hours American. <recalculating> <recalculating music> I must mean 42.6 not 100 to be 1 / 2.4th of a Metric hour. And that's why we should all be American.

Squirrel #15 has been relocated.
    I am thinking of spray painting them with food coloring in order to tag them and see if the do return.
    And I saw #16 skipping around my yard. He got too near an occupied bird house and the bird did dives at him chasing him away. They crush by Sweet Shelling Peas that stand over 7' tall. I never imaged. They just keep growing up.

Moi

Re: There's Always The Weather

I did once devise a metric clock and calendar myself for some strange reason. -Even divided the world into ten time zones. I called the hours decigyros or "didges" for short. Then the ten day week I called a decagyro or "deck" for short. Then there's the milligyros or "midges" , "cenges", and the three year long " kilogyro". A "gyro" is one spin of the earth. Oh yeah, I put the international date line in the Atlantic Ocean rather than the Pacific. AD 2000 came out to the year 666 though unless I set the initial date to another (maybe Buddhist) beginning. Itiota soy. So much for stardate such and such.

Heta, Stigma, Sho. The Discarded and Abandoned Greek Letters Society.

Around my city lot and the surrounding lots I have at rough count 3 decasquirrels . They are gray/brown, black and white (albino and just white). They climb all over the house since I cut down a very large cottonwood tree. Once in awhile one loses footing and I have the pleasure of hearing him scramble before falling off the roof. Just for the record the temp here is going to be at or below freezing tonight with possible light snow. --FLO--
    Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.

The temperature here today is 84 F. in beautiful sunny California. I rarely see squirrels.
    Last edited by MacTheWolf; 04-26-2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: I'm old dammit :P
    "Injustices anywhere are a threat to justice everywhere"......William Gladstone

Medieval titanium crowbar fhunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    So much for stardate such and such.
    Just count megaseconds since the beginning of The Epoch (00:00 Jan 1 1970 GMT). ;-)
    Maybe I will know
    What's there in my soul
    And my road will flow
    To place I've always had to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Flo View Post
    Around my city lot and the surrounding lots I have at rough count 3 decasquirrels . They are gray/brown, black and white (albino and just white). They climb all over the house since I cut down a very large cottonwood tree. Once in awhile one loses footing and I have the pleasure of hearing him scramble before falling off the roof. Just for the record the temp here is going to be at or below freezing tonight with possible light snow. --FLO--
    Hey Uncle Flo. How be the river?

High sixties to 58F at night. Feels cold with the wet breeze but the sun feels hot.
    My forest of 7 foot tall sweet shelling peas is trampled from the top.
    Corn I planted long time ago is hardly 4 - 6 inches tall and tasseling Too early in the year for it.
    Corn I planted about a month after the above is in holding pattern around 4 - 5 inches tall and showing no tasseling.
    High gray clouds just moved in as I write this upload. They carpet the sky.
    It is a wonderful Spring. Except for the squirrels.

Moi

Got Weather?
    Or only I do

It got warm and windy now it is cooling and breezing
    with rain exciting weather predictors planned for this w'end.

Squirrel #16 has been translocated and a cute little rabbit has taken up residence in a front yard hedge leaving dug out dirt on the sidewalk and spotted in my back yard this morning as he made a bee line for the hole under a fence. One squirrel or rabbit is cute. A bunch of them eating my garden is gonna be provoking. What is good rabbit bait for my live capture traps? I doubt it's peanut butter.

Moi

Blog Entries

Fresh bean sprouts will lure the rabbit in fast.

I've had about all the gray, rainy weather I can take. Six days in a row of rain, one sunny but cool day, and now back to gray and rain again.
    Stories (the file) can be emailed to eafictionarchive at gmail dot com

Member, Sisters of Perpetual Responsibility kristoff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moi621 View Post

Got Weather?
    Or only I do

It got warm and windy now it is cooling and breezing
    with rain exciting weather predictors planned for this w'end.

Squirrel #16 has been translocated and a cute little rabbit has taken up residence in a front yard hedge leaving dug out dirt on the sidewalk and spotted in my back yard this morning as he made a bee line for the hole under a fence. One squirrel or rabbit is cute. A bunch of them eating my garden is gonna be provoking. What is good rabbit bait for my live capture traps? I doubt it's peanut butter.

Moi
    Roommate bitching about squirrels and rabbits eating his garden sprouts. I told him to get out the live traps. He did. Caught a squirrel and rabbit overnight. Left them sitting all day in the cages because he "didn't know what to do with them." Told him take them across town and let them go. He decided to let them go in our yard because he didn't want to bother moving them. So much for this garden...
    Nuke a Gay Baby Whale for Jesus

Blog Entries

Take them to someone's house that you don't like and let them go there.

Squirrel stew. Hassenpfeffer. There are very good uses for rabbit and squirrel. Rabbit liver gravy is one of the world's great foods.
    Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Squirrel stew. Hassenpfeffer. There are very good uses for rabbit and squirrel. Rabbit liver gravy is one of the world's great foods.
    You got that right Jesus

In my yard I have squirrels, rabbits and at times turkeys or coyotes. This summer I have pigeons and therefor hawks. I would miss them if they suddenly disappeared. They are very entertaining, better than cable TV. This opinion is mine alone and does not reflect the opinion of "She Who Raises Tulips" (and other flowers). --FLO--
    Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.

Blog Entries

"Kitty" passed through the other night. I could smell him/her. We refer to skunks as "Kitty", ever since one of my Godsons adopted a very old one at the cabin. He kept taking food outside, and saying he was feeding the kitty. He was about 3. Finally, we told him to go and get Kitty, as we'd never seen it. He came back hauling a very old, nasty skunk! Apparently, this skunk had it figured out, that kids had food and weren't a threat.

Thread Information