Page 1 of 173 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Always The Weather

smokes There's Always The Weather

Here off the mid coast of "The O.C." we have only had about two weeks of Summer and now the smell of Autumn is in the air.
    E-Friend up on the Oregon coast feels same.
    Anyone feel an early Autumn coming on?
    Moi
    Possible Indian Summer coming but, I don't feel so.

Blog Entries

Re: There's Always The Weather

We've gone from humid, wet swamp to desert. The rain was so bad here all spring that it very nearly ruined baseball season. In fact, some smaller leagues gave up on finishing. Then, around the last week of July, it quit. Bigtime. Now, even the trees are drooping and the air is terrible. And still hot and miserable.

Well, miserable for most. As Jesus A. can attest, it takes a lot for me to get and stay warm.
    Stories (the file) can be emailed to eafictionarchive at treemail dot net

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

It's "Global WEIEIERDING" going on.

Three, now four days ago, it was HOT, humid, just what you would expect. I saw clouds in the east and north, but no wind, so I set out my mitre saw and started to cut some limbs I had trimmed off the huge mesquite tree in my front yard. I had only cut up one large limb into stove wood, maybe ten minutes at the most, when a very sudden and unbelievably cold wind hit. Before I was able to get the saw inside rain had started. I was just shocked to think rain could move in THAT fast. But then... it got COLD, I am still just NOT accepting that it was that cold in Arizona in the month of AUGUST!

The weather is sort of returning to normal, but still, it is unseasonably cold. I am just not sure what is happening, "Indian summer" or "Indian winter" or what, it is just weird.

Somehow, I just KNOW the space aliens are to blame for all of this.

You know the REALLY eerie coincidence here... I am currently working on a story, a film script for a short. The story is an adaptation of a common tale about a woodcutter who is caught in a storm and is killed by the "snow demon" or "blizzard demon" or what ever. It was like "life imitates art" or something, I was out cutting wood and damn! It got cold quick!

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    We've gone from humid, wet swamp to desert. The rain was so bad here all spring that it very nearly ruined baseball season. In fact, some smaller leagues gave up on finishing. Then, around the last week of July, it quit. Bigtime. Now, even the trees are drooping and the air is terrible. And still hot and miserable.

Well, miserable for most. As Jesus A. can attest, it takes a lot for me to get and stay warm.
    This is true, the MOM event, 10,000 digress outside, and Paolo had a hoodie on.

As for here in the beautiful central north west, its been in the low 90's and humid, the trees are starting to turn which is what they start doing this time of year, but its damn hot. Then it rains, and rains, then theirs not a cloud in the sky and its HOT. welcome to our summer, not the typical summer for sure. Last year we had a mild summer and a mild winter, I will let you know in 6 months what our winter is like. OH yes, and its hay fever season again. I have already sneezed at least 25 times this morning and its only 8:40 am, this is going to be another beautiful miserable day in the lands of 25,000 lakes.

River

transward

After our cold wet summer Ezra Pound had it right.

Ancient Music

Winter is icummen in,
    Lhude sing Goddamm.
    Raineth drop and staineth slop,
    And how the wind doth ramm!
    Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
    An ague hath my ham.
    Freezeth river, turneth liver,
    Damn you, sing: Goddamm.

Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
    So 'gainst the winter's balm.

Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
    Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.

A parody of the Anglo-Saxon poem, Cuckoo Song
    Transward

laughing Re: There's Always The Weather

WOW!

That's just GODDAM CucKoo, now...

A-1

Text

Text...

smokes Re: There's Always The Weather

Good call A-1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOLMTlxadg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQxxG...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR1jN...eature=related
    I liked the version on the Sarah Plain and Tall series as well as Jack Palance singing about angels all through the night. Best versions I ever heard.

So how are Hurricane Earl effected members doing?
    Streetglide there in from the mid Atlantic to Ernie of Maine, between is Bob3 of New Joisey, how's your weather, and remember, not all of us know where you are.

"The O.C." remains pleasant and moderate although MacWolf's area inland has air dangerous for sensitive persons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by transward View Post
    After our cold wet summer Ezra Pound had it right.

Transward
    The language is much too late to be called Anglo-Saxon (or more correctly Old English). It is Middle English from the 13th-century Harley Lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    As Jesus A. can attest, it takes a lot for me to get and stay warm.
    I think you probably have hypothyroidism. If you do have hypothyroidism, it will probably be very difficult to get a physician to treat your condition properly. Many physicians will not use the correct test, which is the TSH test. If you can get a physician to order a TSH test, the physician will probably use the wrong "normal" range. In 2002 a society of endocrinologists recommended that the normal range for TSH be 0.3 to 3.0. I found a medical journal article that said patients with hypothyroidism had the best health when their TSH was below 1.4. I found another medical journal article that said patients with hypothyroidism did best when they were given a mixture of T4 and T3.

Most physicians use the old standard of normal which was 0.5 to 5.5. Nearly all of them prescribe T4 only.

I had all of this information on my computer but lost it all in a recent hard drive crash. There is a usenet newsgroup about thyroid problems. It is alt.support.thyroid. There are probably also mailing lists and web based forums.

Sure like to hear if anyone is getting Hurricane Earled and what is it like.

Here on the central O.C. coast there is one hell of an unusual heavy fog. The kind one does not want to be driving through. Rare and even more so the first week of September.
    If there was ever a year without a Summer; this was it!
    Moi
    What global warming? My figs can't ripen it is just too cold. No global warming here.

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by curious_guy View Post
    I think you probably have hypothyroidism. If you do have hypothyroidism, it will probably be very difficult to get a physician to treat your condition properly. Many physicians will not use the correct test, which is the TSH test. If you can get a physician to order a TSH test, the physician will probably use the wrong "normal" range. In 2002 a society of endocrinologists recommended that the normal range for TSH be 0.3 to 3.0. I found a medical journal article that said patients with hypothyroidism had the best health when their TSH was below 1.4. I found another medical journal article that said patients with hypothyroidism did best when they were given a mixture of T4 and T3.

Most physicians use the old standard of normal which was 0.5 to 5.5. Nearly all of them prescribe T4 only.

I had all of this information on my computer but lost it all in a recent hard drive crash. There is a usenet newsgroup about thyroid problems. It is alt.support.thyroid. There are probably also mailing lists and web based forums.

Paolo and my #2 son are much the same, skinny as a rail, no fat, a slight breeze will blow them over, now if they had some padding Like I Have, they would not need a jacket until the temp was 30's. It's not that they don't eat, they do it just does not stick. Example, my son weighed himself the other day and lost 5 pounds, he is 5'11 and is 144 lbs, he rides his road bike 20 miles a day, runs his dog in the woods, he eats everything in sight and looses weight. Paolo is much the same way.

Me, I will be so happy to hit 220 again, sigh

River

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwind View Post
    Paolo and my #2 son are much the same...he is 5'11 and is 144 lbs...Paolo is much the same way.

Me, I will be so happy to hit 220 again, sigh

River
    I am 5'11" and weigh 260. No wonder my back aches like all hell every morning. Odd thing is, when I go swimming I do NOT float, I sink unless I hold my lungs full of air. I observe that MOST fat people can float like a cork, not me, all I can think is that I have a LOT of fat, and I have "heavy bones."

Well, everybody knows that when Pat Robertson prays the hurricanes miss the mainland.

Claims about the power of his prayers

Robertson prayed to God to steer hurricanes away from his company's Virginia Beach, Virginia headquarters. He credited his prayers for steering the course of Hurricane Gloria in 1985, which caused billions of dollars of destruction in many states along the U.S. east coast. He made a similar claim about another destructive storm, Hurricane Felix, in 1995.[3]
    SOURCE

I wonder what we will do when God calls him home?

Pat, I think I hear God calling you now...

A-1

Text

Text...

Any report from Tech<choke>Hass
    about the storm or hurricane Hermine?
    Seems like we haven't had a contributing member from that State since "our Yoli" retired. <sniff>
    Moi
    Early Autumn continues in Southern Coastal Califo-nia.

Archive Regular
    Blog Entries

I have no idea what is going on with the weather, Sept 1st hit and it started raining again and its been 25 deg's colder, I do hope it warms up again, I am not ready for autumn yet even though the trees are starting to shed there leaves.

Sigh,

WINTER is coming, cold harsh brutal winter with all its beauty and ICE FISHING.

River

Thread Information