Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2736

Thread: There's Always The Weather

Re: There's Always The Weather

I suppose River is having Wisconsin flashbacks.

I really do look like my avatar Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

November 29th and the temperature today will be 55F ...

That's warm for November.
    “They also call it the Winged Isle. Some say it is because the island, if seen from above, would look like butterfly wings. And I do not know the truth of it.” Then, “ ‘And what is truth?’ said jesting Pilate.” From: The Truth Is A Cave In The Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman.

smokes Re: There's Always The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    November 29th and the temperature today will be 55F ...

That's warm for November.
    I understand that is about to change as a major storm hits the northwest down to central California but, north of LA
    passes a high pressure area and sweeps "winter" upon YOU. Check in as you can, remember Captain Byrd alone at his Antarctic radio station.

Another glorious chance of rain GWTW as a well placed High Pressure system causes the storms out of the north Pacific to passover LA and regions south. I still suspect Canadian Weather Warfare activity related to HAARP. At least this year they can't negatively impact the snow accumulation nor the reservoirs' water reserves. Those are filling nicely.

The air is dry, crisp, polluted. Rain would be nice.
    And my spinach sprouts are being eaten by a squirrel . Traps have been set.

Moi

Don't worry about Moi.
    The fires are no where near.
    Possibly the sight of smoke based smog in the distance over the ocean due to wind direction.
    The forecast shows no let up in single digit humidity for over 10 days. Bad Winds variable.
    They say it will be 80F this weekend here by the sea.

Relocated a squirrel that was eating my spinach sprouts.
    How to bait the cage for a rabbit. Ideas? Too bad rabbits aren't suckers for peanut butter.

Moi

Well I read y'all have weather,
    and admittedly If I had yours,
    I'd rather not cop to it either.

Still dry although the wind is variable to none.
    I doubt a moisture harvester from Tatoonie could wring a drop of water out of this atmosphere.
    The sun burns although just the mid seventies. The night cold in the mid or low fifties.

Finally planted some sweet shelling peas. The rabbit and the squirrel devour my spinach sprouts.
    No rain in the ten day forecast.

Moi

Jesus' house burned down. He e-mailed me a couple of days ago. They are living with friends, I understand. I take it he lost everything.
    A-1

Text

Text...

At 2:00 in the morning, my wife and I had less than 10 minutes warning that the fire was bearing down on us in front of 80 mile-per-hour wind gusts. We grabbed the clothes we had worn the day before and fled in our separate cars with burning embers flying past us. We were not able to find our two cats before we left. One cat was rescued three days later, badly burned, though he’s recovered well. The other cat was lost. Everything we could salvage from the house would fit a shoebox. Rock sculptures in the yard exploded into gravel. Even a small statue made of welded railroad spikes was distorted by the heat. 5,300 houses were destroyed.

We’ve found a new place and are starting to rebuild, though the eunuch library is not replaceable. My research and writing will recover, though it may take a while. I never thought that I’d be starting over at 75.

Our new house has a more-than-life-size statue of Batman guarding the front door and will soon have a statue of a robin (the bird kind) peering out of the bushes as well. Our local artist liked the idea and is making it for us out of scrap metal. You can see our new place by typing “Sebastopol” and “Florence” into your web browser.
    Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it.

I am curious by nature and checked this out, there seem to be two batman statues in this vicinity unlike as it may seem. Even though we do not know each other I feel I know you by your writing as so I would like to send my very best wishes to you and your family, I hope all can recover quickly and well from this awful, traumatic event.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post

Our new house has a more-than-life-size statue of Batman guarding the front door
    Would that ne Wayne Manor?

Quote Originally Posted by tjstill View Post
    I am curious by nature and checked this out, there seem to be two batman statues in this vicinity unlike as it may seem.
    We have the larger-than-life standing Batman. There's a smaller Batman in the Batmobile two blocks away. Our local sculptor has been commissioned to do several more. He has another standing Batman that he's just completed for someone in Connecticut. It will be shipped out after the first of the year. Our Batman is one of the first sculptures that was installed on our street (almost 20 years ago). A Frog Prince just went up across the street last month. I enjoy talking with tourists who have come to see the sculptures. Last week I spent some time with two from China who wanted to pose with Batman. There was a family from Germany a few days ago. Last month there was an entire junior high art class making drawings of some of the art -- including Batman. We never seem to have a day without tourists stopping in front of our house.
    Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    We never seem to have a day without tourists stopping in front of our house.
    Funny, that little statement made me smile. Hope you continue re-building in all senses in 2018. Maybe we could even get a Spencer Tunick photo session with your Batman (eunuchs encouraged).

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Nights View Post
    I suppose River is having Wisconsin flashbacks.
    We can only hope so.

And the Winter Solstice is about the time of River's Birthday.

But, who remembers having been abandoned.

Moi

Quote Originally Posted by moi621 View Post
    We can only hope so.

And the Winter Solstice is about the time of River's Birthday.

But, who remembers having been abandoned.

Moi
    Maybe River was just getting some dissidence from you?

CBS News dedicated a good ten minutes about the weatherful events from the
    E.A.Land to DaveLand and Ernie's Maine.
    Please share.
    Schadenfreude
    Why Not?

70/55 high hazy clouds.
    Bulb flowers are sprouting, except the gladiolas.
    I never planted any bulbs, they began from wind blown seed.

Moi

Sometimes Silly Serious Member Zebedeee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It’s the perfect winters day in my little corner of England. Freezing cold and frosty with a clear blue sky, and the world looks beautiful. It won’t last of course…

Soon enough real winter will return with the usual mix of light drizzle, hard drizzle, horizontal drizzle, drizzly drizzle, drizzle that seems to go up your trouser leg, foggy drizzle, drizzly fog, fog, mist and more fog..!

If we do get any snow south of London this winter everything will as usual grind to a halt. The BBC will be reporting an extreme weather event, the airports will close, and the newspapers will have headlines like “Snowmageddon”, and “Blizzaster!” All for half an inch of wet snow which lasts about a day.
    If the world was sane I wouldn’t need therapy…

Thread Information