View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

Endoscopes and oestrogen…

Rate this Entry
Well it turns out that I do need further treatment on my oesophagus and last Thursday I had the dubious pleasure of experiencing Radio Frequency Ablation, which involves someone sticking a fancy endoscope down your neck which then in some way or other zaps the dodgy bits. Anyway, that’s the technical explanation!

Fortunately I was heavily sedated for the procedure and was safely on another planet whilst it happened… Which was nice! Unfortunately it leaves you very sore afterwards and I felt pretty crap over the weekend. Which wasn’t so nice! I’m still sticking to soft food but I think that I’ll be able to eat normally again by next week. Unfortunately I’m going to have to get used to this procedure as the doctors want to repeat it again in three months time, and I’ll possibly be in for up to half a dozen treatments before they’re finished torturing me!

That’s the bad news.

The good news is on Monday I decided to start taking oestrogen instead of the Tamoxifen I’ve been taking with my Androcur for the last year. I’m starting out with just 1mg of Estrofem a day to go with my 50mg Androcur, and at this low dose I’m not expecting anything to happen very fast. I look forward to some feminisation but I’m happy to be patient and won’t consider taking a higher dose of Estrofem for at least a few months, and only of course if I’m happy with the way things are going.

So far there are no immediate side effects and I feel normal, which is a good start.

One thing I do know for sure is that after a year of chemical castration I never ever want to go back to having testosterone in my system.

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Although not fun, good to hear you are getting proper treatment for your throat. Exciting news about your journey.
    Sorry to hear that you'll need several treatments. Hopefully that will do it.

Estrofem is a wonder drug. I've never felt better now that T is hopefully permanently gone, now replaced with E. I'm happily enjoying breast growth and wondering how large they'll be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cseriess
    Although not fun, good to hear you are getting proper treatment for your throat. Exciting news about your journey.
    Yes, I'm being well looked after!

After a week on the Estrofem I think that I'm starting to notice a slight rise in my energy levels, which is nice. No obvious side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by notsomanly
    Sorry to hear that you'll need several treatments. Hopefully that will do it.

Estrofem is a wonder drug. I've never felt better now that T is hopefully permanently gone, now replaced with E. I'm happily enjoying breast growth and wondering how large they'll be.
    How long was it before your breast growth started, and are you noticing any other physical changes?

I'm hoping that over time my face will start to feminise.
    My breast growth started in earnest last summer while I was on Androcur and has accelerated since starting Estrofem last fall. So far my other changes are mostly mental. I absolutely love estrogen. I've noticed that I don't notice women's bodies nearly as much as before which means I can be just another acquaintance, friend, colleague. I'm also a better spouse: more attentive to my wife and not at all distracted by sexual thoughts. Now I look at breasts mostly because I'm picturing how I'd like having my own become that shape. Wish I'd started all this years ago.