View RSS Feed

Dekeldoh

3 months no T

Rate this Entry
I previously posted that I would blog about the results of my PCP followup. It was uneventful. My new PCP, a Family Nurse Practicioner, was eager to put in an endocrinology referral and immediately shove me out the door.

She became the third person (all professionals, though none with MDs) to indicate that I may not need a bone density scan until five years from now. She did submit a request for one, but she was doubtful that my insurance would approve it because I was so young.

My point of view was, it would be nice to have one now, to confirm that my bone density is in fact in line with my age (I have never had my bone density tested, so for all I know, I could have somehow already had osteopenia) and another in 1 to 2 years to see if it was still increasing as it should. I figured I could use that information to help me decide whether I need to do anything about hormones.

But what do I know... I feel great, my health is impeccable, and everyone I see is acting like I'm crazy for worrying about it so soon. I'm not confident enough about this subject to go to every doctor in town or to initiate a crusade against my insurance. Hopefully, I'll find a capable endocrinologist who will humor me by the time those five years have passed.

In other news, it has now been more than 3 months since my bilateral orchiectomy. I don't have much to say about it, and what I do have to say goes straight into TMI territory, but perhaps some are interested.

There are two effects that I have noticed for sure: extremely sore nipples, including sore lumps below said nipples, and decreased libido.

To be honest, I somewhat dismissed gynecomastia when I was pursuing castration. I figured it would take months and years to show up, and that it really wouldn't matter if my pecks got a little bigger. Indeed, it's nothing I would drug myself over... but it does bother me. And after experiencing noticeable changes in the span of 2 months, I am wary of what will come later. Oh well. Maybe I can look at a mastectomy someday.

Decreased libido, on the other hand, is welcomed. I like having decreased libido. I would say my libido is now around 30 ~ 40% of what it was prior to castration. But 30% of a healthy 21-year-old is still a lot. I still inexplicably find myself appeasing an enraged 7" appendage 10 times a week.

Average ejaculatory output has also decreased. Occasionally, said appendage will still squirt a few globs big enough to cover quarters, but other times there will be a few drops or nothing at all. Precum still appears consistently, but it feels stickier and is terrible lubricant.

I will elaborate on libido, since that seems to be a topic of interest. Let's say erections are fueled by physical stimulation, mental stimulation, and visual stimulation. Prior to my castration, full erections required zero of those things. Now, they require two of those things. Even night/morning erections will often be floppy if they are not accompanied by vivid dreams. I generally do not reach a full-length erection unless I do something to permit it.

I have also gained at least 5 pounds despite exercising more, which almost brings my BMI up to 20. My beard growth also appears to have slowed, especially further up my cheeks.

There are definitely mental changes involved, but I am a young person in the midst of adjusting to adulthood, and I am also crazy, so my brain is already like a massive fireworks festival. There's no way to tell which sparklers are dampened or empowered by testosterone. Was that a coherent metaphor? Please tell me it was. Anyway, there was definitely something corroding my mind before, but whether that was testosterone or just the idea of having gonads I'm not sure.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for sharing this. I went 7 months without T and can echo what you have said in your blog. Being a lot older I didn't get the sore nipples but did start to put on some puppy fat on my chest arse and inner thighs. I kept up the workouts throughout and did not loose too much strength. Libido was a fraction what it was and could only manage soft erections after a couple of months. I never lost the ability to jerk off but the frequency between sessions were about once every 2 weeks. As expected only a teaspoon of clear liquid was the best I could manage. I am now back on T but undecided which state I prefer.
    I went 2.5 years no T and was pret much like ambiguous pretty much lost all sex drive except snuggling which was always great. Full erections and morning wood non existent. Always a good load when did reach orgasm and orgasms were and are great full body. I took Calcium, Magnesium and vitamin D and no bone loss. Did get some breast growth most pretty early on like first year or so. The soreness went away except doing stuff where they bounce then still very noticeable.
    I have my endocrinology appointment scheduled for mid-October. Might have updates then.
    Good luck and keep us updated!
    Updated 11-07-2018 at 11:17 AM by Dekeldoh