View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

Surprising Blood Test Result

Rate this Entry
Iíve just picked up my latest blood test results and to my complete surprise my testosterone level has gone up since it was last tested in March, and is now 2.9 nmol/L (84 ng/dl), up from 1.2 nmol/L (35 ng/dl).

Back in March I was surprised that it was so low as Iíd only been taking Androcur for about three weeks at the time of testing, but now I canít figure out what could have caused it to go up. Is it possible to become resistant to Androcur? Is my current batch not as good as the last? Are my testicles working harder to compensate? Is the cat messing with my pills when Iím asleep?!

Anyway, Iíve been taking just 50 mg of Androcur a day since the start, which is quite a low dose, so as of today Iím going to up the dosage to 100 mg a day (50 mg morning & 50mg evening) and get my testosterone level tested again in about a month. Hopefully the higher dose wonít cause any nasty side effects which so far Iíve been lucky enough to avoid.

To be honest I guess it doesnít really matter that much exactly what my testosterone level is as long as I feel happy and healthy, and I donít intend to get too hung up on trying to achieve the lowest level possible. 2.9 nmol/L is still very low. But it is a concern if itís started to go back up and I donít know why.

My oestradiol level was also tested and is in the normal male range, so I donít appear to have excessive oestrogen in my system if Iím reading the report correctly. Which suggests that the Tamoxifen is doing itís job. Which makes my very sensitive nipples even more of a mystery..!

My haemoglobin level is still a fraction lower than it should be, 128 g/L (normal range 130 - 180), but as it hasnít dropped any further in the last month Iím not to worried. Would be nice to see it go back up though, so Iíll be discussing this with my GP when I see her on Tuesday. She must be sick of the sight of me by now!

My cholesterol number is 4.4 which isnít bad, and a lot better than itís been in the pastÖ

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Maybe the cat's messing with your nipples in the night!

That would explain a lot..!
    I wouldn't worry about the absolute testosterone levels. At your current blood level, you may avoid some of the more troublesome side effects. I'd place highest priority on whether you feel the desired effects. The risk of liver damage from Androcur is low, but increases with dose and everyone reacts differently. I was perfectly fine on 25 mg/day. The best dose is the lowest that achieves the desired result.
    You’re quite right, and I don’t intend to get too hung up on the numbers. But I would like to establish that the pills are working as they should, especially as I’m now on a different batch of pills. Hopefully I haven’t been sold duff medication and I think that Alldaychemist have a good reputation for selling legit stuff, but you never know!

First sign of trouble I’ll drop back down to 50mg and probably switch to using the next batch of pills which are Procur I purchased from Inhouse Pharmacy, with a short break in between if I need it. As you’ve established libido doesn’t return that quickly.

Also, and having said that I’m not worrying too much about the numbers, I would like to establish that I can function okay at castrate T levels for a reasonable period of time before the NHS hopefully takes over my treatment and does a ‘proper job’ on me..!
    I would guess like anything, the body will recover a little after the first shock of Androcure. 2.9 is still castrated! Also your testicles are not the only T producers in your body, so your adrenal glands might just be trying to pick up the slack. After suffering from some difficult side effects, I would suggest just keep going as you are, have a couple of more T tests this year and get a proper base line. You seem totally happy and heading in the right direction. Why risk upsetting that because of 1.7! A large percentage of men on chemical castration dont achieve levels of surgical castration. From everything you have written, I think most people would agree you are castrated. I would be very cautious about chasing those numbers. That way lies madness!