View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

Nicer Problems To Have…

Rate this Entry
About a month or so ago I looked in the mirror and noticed what appeared to be a little new hair growing. I suffer from classic male pattern baldness with a receding hair line doing its best to meet up with an expanding bald spot, which to be honest depresses me a lot. But what can you do about it? Unless you can spare a ridiculous amount of money on fixing the problem… I’ve found hats to be a cheaper and more practical solution!

Anyway I didn’t believe my eyes at first, as the most I thought I could hope for was that chemical castration would prevent any further hair loss, but that the odds of getting any back were very remote to say the least. But now I have fine fuzz of hair on my previously bald patch, some new hairs appearing in front of my receding hair line, and areas of thin hair look a tiny bit thicker. I honestly thought that I was imagining it at first, but now I’m quite sure that at least a little hair is returning. So far it’s barely enough for anyone else to notice, but the crop of new dark hairs all a few millimetres in length makes me quite certain.

I am of course completely delighted, but depending on how much hair I grow back it presents a bit of a problem. None of my family know that I’m chemically castrating myself! How the fuck do I explain this one..?!

I think I might buy one of those shampoos which claim to help prevent hair loss (I’ve never believed they actually work), leave it somewhere in the bathroom where it can’t be missed, and then if anyone says anything I’ll say that it seems to be working rather well!

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great news and post. Your family must notice the other obvious changes in you? The weight loss, elevated mood, gardening! Just put it down to the new you, lol or shave your head!
    Yes I must admit that my family and friends who aren’t in the know are starting to ask questions, but so far they’ve accepted my story that I’ve just given up drinking and gone on a diet, which is at least partly true… (I’m not really on a diet - just eating sensibly, as my appetite seems to be a little lower now.)

Obviously at the moment I have no idea whether I’ll just get a little hair back, or if more will return over time. As I say, it’s a very nice problem to have!
    Maybe say you started taking Vitamin, Mineral, and/or Herbal supplements?
    Well I’ve just ordered some Biotin from Amazon in the hope that it can encourage things along a little, as I’m also noticing some very fine ‘baby hair’ growing, which if it thickens up would make a huge difference.

And of course it’s not a problem to tell anyone that I’m taking Biotin…
    I know we have seen it all before but I did read in the "I" that a treatment is just around the corner for the MPB thing.
    I think I saw that article too, and I thought that the best thing was that hair regrowth was found to be a side effect of a new osteoporosis drug, which is of course a real risk for eunuchs…

https://news.sky.com/story/side-effe...dness-11364259

Though I won’t hold my breath waiting for it to come on the market, and of course they may find that the drug has other unexpected side effects like making all your teeth fall out or you get hairier feet than Bilbo Baggins..!