View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

Happy Shopper

Rate this Entry
Iíve had quite a busy week. Those who live in the UK will know that weíve had some lovely spring weather, and Iíve taken the opportunity to spend several days in the garden making it look nice. Iíve got a lot done but I wonít bore you with the details as I doubt many people visit the Eunuch Archive for a gardening discussion! Also Iíve hit the shops and bought myself some new clothes, spending far more than Iíd like to admit to in the processÖ

A bit like I now seem to have a lot more patience with the fiddly jobs in the garden, when clothes shopping Iím taking a lot more time to match things up and colour coordinate, and if the speed which I received service at the Clinique counter is anything to go by (I was previously ignored!) Iíve been rather successful. I obviously now look more like the sort of man who buys womenís skin care products! Anyway I purchased some eye cream from a very helpful sales assistant, for my now dry skin which would seem to be a side effect of chemical castration, and was relieved of a remarkable amount of money for an absolutely tiny bottle..! The good news is it works a treat.

Another possible side effect seems to have cropped up. A few weeks ago I started to notice that I was waking up during the night needing a pee far more often than usual. By last week it had got quite bad with me waking up several times a night, so I made an appointment with my GP (for this Friday) to get it checked out. In the mean time however Iíve stopped drinking tea and coffee in the evenings and the problem seems to have gone away. I have no idea what thatís all about, as during the day I can drink as much tea and coffee as I like without needing the bathroom any more than usual. Fingers crossed itís nothing to worry about.

Other than that life carries on as normal, Iím still enjoying the effects of chemical castration and feel far happier than I did before.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've had the same problem relieving my bladder at night. It's not too bad because I can get back to sleep more easily than before. For me, I think it's incomplete emptying of the bladder. I usually sit at night and it takes a while. Standing works much better but then I have to turn on the lights.
    Well it’s kinda reassuring that I’m not alone with this issue. As long as I’m careful what I have to drink in the evening it’s not too much of a problem, and like yourself I have no trouble getting back off to sleep.
    Updated 04-25-2018 at 02:25 PM by Zebedeee (spelling)
    Better sleep is a pleasant surprise. Some have the opposite. Hope it lasts.
    Thats strange. i had exactly the opposite reaction. i often woke with an erection and needing to pee. i think i asked the question on here about it, as i was worried if i didnt get erections, would i wet the bed? Sounds silly, i know. But the erection was what stopped me from peeing. Anyway, as the Androcure kicked in, i stopped waking during the night to pee. Since being off it, i wake up again needing to pee. i wondered if it had anything to do with prostate stuff. Anyway, hoping to be back on it soon. Thanks again for the great blog.
    I saw my GP and she didn’t seem too worried about it, especially as cutting down on the amount of tea and coffee I drink largely solves the problem. I haven’t needed the bathroom for the last three nights. But just to be on the safe side she’s asked for a urine sample when I next have some blood tests, or sooner if it gets worse again.

I feel very lucky that I have such a terrific GP who’s open minded and willing to give me as much support as she can. Though she still can't write me the damn prescription, I have to find a willing endocrinologist for that.
    I think it is down to the evening cuppa's.
    I was the same waking up at stupid o'clock wanting a wee and not getting back to sleep again.
    Like you I binned off the evening drink and presto it all stopped.
    Yep garden goes mental this time of year not helped for me by having to fix mower and strimmer so I could use em