View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

A Lot Less Stressed

Rate this Entry
Okay I admit that I may have panicked a bit too soon. Alldaychemist have now shipped my order replacing 50mg Androcur with 100mg pills, so I’ve bought a pill cutter to halve them, and Inhouse Pharmacy shipped my order on Tuesday which is very prompt service considering the Easter weekend. In a couple of weeks time I should have six months supply, which will make me very happy indeed.

So I needn’t have got myself in quite such a tizwas about it, but the fear of running out combined with my heightened emotions made it very difficult not to panic, despite the fact that I know full well that my testosterone wouldn’t instantly return to normal if I went without Androcur for a short period. But I’ll try to make sure that in future I never have less than several months supply in the cupboard.

Funny thing is in other ways I feel less stressed and more relaxed than I can ever remember. I’ve been spending hours in the garden tidying, pruning, and generally making things look nice. Which is rather odd as I’ve always hated gardening! I didn’t have the patience for it, and would quickly get in a bad mood when I tripped over a power cable or poked myself in the eye with a stick. So it wouldn’t take very long before I stared to resemble John Cleese (for those who remember Faulty Towers), start kicking the shit out of the lawn mower and getting into unwinnable fights with the hosepipe..!

Is this ‘eunuch calm’ I wonder? Small irritations just don’t seem to bother me any longer, and I have the patience to do the fiddly jobs, even finding them rather enjoyable and getting a lot of satisfaction from taking my time, doing them properly, and taking pleasure in a job well done.

The neighbours are going to wonder what the fuck’s got into me!

Updated 04-06-2018 at 12:36 PM by Zebedeee (Grammar)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm also feeling less stress and impatience even though I've only been on Androcur for 2 1/2 weeks. I like my mental state in general. It's like a lot of noise going on in my brain has been quieted down so I don't have to shut it out to concentrate. I hope this never goes away. I've got a long way to go to find out how my body will react to low T, but if it's anything like what I'm experiencing now I won't have my testicles very much longer. I hope I'm as lucky as those who are happy with no T replacement.

I like the new me a lot. I hope I still feel that way several months from now. I'd rather not be on Androcur any longer than necessary.
    I must admit that if things continue as they are I may consider making the situation ‘permanent’ one day. Though I’ll probably stick to the medication for at least a year or two to be absolutely certain I’m not making a mistake.