View RSS Feed

Zebedeee

“Time for bed,” said Zebedeee!

Rate this Entry
I am sleeping REALLY well.

For years I have suffered from insomnia, often struggling to get more than a few hours sleep a night and sometimes going for days without a proper rest. Last year my GP prescribed me zopiclone for occasional use when things got really bad, which helped, but even that wasn’t always enough to get me off to sleep. I tried washing it down with vodka, but that just gave me hallucinations. Honestly, my bedroom was full of tropical fish… It was quite fun actually!

I ran out of zopiclone about six weeks ago and I was going to ask my GP for another prescription, but I don’t think I’m going to need it. Last night I had ten hours sleep. I think I’m averaging about eight a night and I’m waking up feeling great. I’ve lots of energy in the mornings, but I find that by mid afternoon I’m beginning to slow down a bit, and after dinner I just crash. When I go to bed, now usually at about ten o’clock but sometimes earlier, I fall asleep within minutes.

Despite the bad weather I made it to my therapist on Tuesday afternoon. She was very pleased to see how happy and well I look, and agrees that anti androgens would seem to successfully treat my gender dysphoria. It’s still very early days so it’s far to soon be sure, but we’re both feeling optimistic about my progress. We’ve agreed that I will continue to self medicate for the time being, whilst being monitored by her and my GP, and if after about six months things are still going well she will give me all the help she can to get the medication on prescription.

Even with my therapists backing there is no guarantee that I’ll get a prescription, but in a few months time with letters from her and my GP (who I think will oblige) to back my case I am hopeful that it will be possible. To be honest, if you can’t get anti androgens with the backing of both a therapist and GP then that’s fucking ridiculous, and there’s something very wrong with the system.

Hopefully I’ll make it to my blood test tomorrow. It’s currently -4C (25F) and snowing again which isn’t helpful. I think that the EU is now sending us their bad weather for a laugh..!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thats great!