• 2017 Meeting of Members - MOM 2017 - The REAL thread

The dates are set; planning is underway. The Twelfth Annual Gathering of the Clan will be from Thursday, August 17th through Sunday, August 20 in the Greater Minneapolis/St Paul area. All registered members of the Eunuch Archive are invited to attend.

The annual Meeting of Members (MoM) centers on the Saturday and Sunday at Talula and Gem's house just outside the Twin Cities. Other than a brief Archive business meeting (to which all are invited), the days are devoted to just enjoying each other's company. It's a place where you can discuss freely with others, whom you have met on line, any topic that has come up here. There is always plenty of food and drink for all.

Since some members seem to always arrive early, Kristoff now holds a BBQ at the convent (in Minneapolis) on the Thursday night before the MoM. (This year it's on Thursday, August 17th at about 6:00.) Some sort of activity is planned for Friday. We've visited strange museums, local caves, cheese factories and wineries. Some years we've taken in the Minnesota State Fair. The Mall of America is within reasonable distance for anyone who might be interested.

Here is a chance to put faces to all of the names you see here. It's a friendly group and we all seem to enjoy each other's company. That's why we get back together every year.

If you are interested in finding out more, please send a <> to either Jesus or Kristoff. We need from you an email address that will accept attachments so that we can send JPG copies of maps to the locations.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2017 Meeting of Members - MOM 2017 - The REAL thread started by Jesus View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Jesus -
      I have my plane tickets and hotel reservations for the grand event. I'm looking forward to seeing the gang -- both the regulars and the newcomers. It's always great fun to see everyone.
      Chris1115 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
      I have my plane tickets and hotel reservations for the grand event. I'm looking forward to seeing the gang -- both the regulars and the newcomers. It's always great fun to see everyone.
      I would love to attend and meet all the people I've known since the turn of the millenium, but working minimum wage doesn't leave one much extra cash to cover things like a plane flight. I'll be there with all of you in spirit! =)
      Peter47-NL -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris1115 View Post
      I would love to attend and meet all the people I've known since the turn of the millenium, but working minimum wage doesn't leave one much extra cash to cover things like a plane flight. I'll be there with all of you in spirit! =)
      I'm retired and have the same financial problem, alas!
      Jesus -
      Just a bump to move this back to the top of the forum.
      Paolo -
      Note that I renamed the thread, due to a troll ... again.

Please be advised that NOTHING untoward goes on at the MOM! Overall, perhaps a bit of swearing, drinking, belching, farting, gluttony, a bit of wine, more gluttony, well - you get the idea by now.

The MOM is perfectly safe for people and cats of all ages. Those with cat hair allergies may experience difficulties at Talula's house.
      Our youngest guest ever was as yet unborn, when Daughter was great with child.
      Uncle Flo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
      Note that I renamed the thread, due to a troll ... again.

Please be advised that NOTHING untoward goes on at the MOM! Overall, perhaps a bit of swearing, drinking, belching, farting, gluttony, a bit of wine, more gluttony, well - you get the idea by now.

The MOM is perfectly safe for people and cats of all ages. Those with cat hair allergies may experience difficulties at Talula's house.
      Our youngest guest ever was as yet unborn, when Daughter was great with child.
      Daughter is again great with child so the expectation is for her to bring two small, cute noisy people to the event with her. --FLO--