• Annual Gathering of the Clan

Some of the members of the Eunuch Archive Steering Committee gathered in Minneapolis last week. One of the questions that arose was choosing dates for our Twelfth Annual Meeting of Members (the MoM).

Central to the MoM is a Saturday/Sunday at the home of Talula and Gem in a Minneapolis suburb, where we can enjoy each other's company and talk openly about any topic of interest. Anything that anyone would bring up on the Archive is fair game!

Some of the clan arrive early and Kristoff has traditionally held a BBQ in his backyard on the Thursday before the main gathering. Friday is always a free day, though we have usually scheduled an optional activity, such as a day at the Mall of America, at the Minnesota State Fair, or a wine tour down the Mississippi.

Rather than arbitrarily choosing the weekend for the gathering, we decided to bring it to a vote of those members who would like to attend this year. Any of the four weekends in August would work.

If you are interested in attending, please post below which weekend(s) would work best for you. The optional Thursday BBQ and Friday "excursion" would be the two days before the main event.

A - August 5 & 6
    B - August 12 & 13
    C - August 19 & 20
    D - August 26 & 27
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Annual Gathering of the Clan started by Jesus View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      BiBikerFL -
      Any of those weekends work for me so far.
      Look forward to learning more about the meeting.
      Deepspace9odo -
      What's the "excursion"
      kristoff -
      We have selected August 19 & 20 for the MoM (Meeting of Members). Early arrivals are on Weds 16th, Kickoff BBQ at the convent on the 17th, and other activities on the 17th and 18th. 19th and 20th at the mother ship. I have my motel reservations made.

K
      BiBikerFL -
      Where can I find more info about the meeting? Number of attendees, schedule, topics?
      BiBikerFL -
      Hi Kristoff,

Where can I find more info about the meeting? Number of attendees, schedule, topics etc?

I'm very much looking forward to learning more about the meeting and any additional info is appreciated.

Bi Biker
      kristoff -
      Hi BiBikerFL,

In the past we have had Meetings of Members (MoM's) in various parts of the country. Currently, the Midwest meeting is the only one still ongoing. The Midwest is where EA started and is largely still operated from. At first we would get together in various campgrounds, and eventually started to land in Talula's back yard in an exurb of Minneapolis/St Paul, MN. That is where we will meet again this year.

We have members that fly in from other parts of the country, and in the past have had members from as far away as England join us. The actual meeting is on a Saturday and Sunday, although some come in as early as Wednesday afternoon. For the locals and the early arrivals, I host a BBQ in my back yard on Thursday evening. During the day on Thursday and Friday we will take on "excursions" to various points of interest that strike our curiosity. In the past we've done winery tours, the MN State Fair, an electricity museum, and other things.

Saturday and Sunday we meet at Talula's house. There is plenty of food and drink to satisfy any need. There is no agenda as such. We are open to a wide range of conversation, and anything EA is fully appropriate at any time. The only thing that is agenda, as such, is our annual board of directors meeting, which anyone attending is welcome to sit in on. Some folks do "excursions" on Saturdays as well (i.e., a trip to the Mall of America).

This is an opportunity to put a face and name to those we see on the forums. Anyone who is a member of the EA is welcome to attend. We hope to see you here.

Kristoff
      Sara1987 -
      I would like to attend if I can convince my group home to let me go.