View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Freedom!

Less than an hour after my bone scan on the 24th, my endrocrinologist's office called me. They said I had osteopenia and that a prescription for Fosamax was already waiting at Walgreens.

At that time, I was already twisting my stomach over the 50,000 IU D2 capsules they had prescribed me earlier, which were filled with gelatin, shellac, dye, and genetically modified soybean lecithin. This might sound silly, but it was the first thing I had retrieved from a pharmacy in years, and I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Hopefully Unconnected Problem…

Ten days ago whilst having lunch with a friend at a restaurant I had a serious allergic reaction to something I had eaten. The back of my mouth swelled up leaving me unable to swallow, talk, and having great difficultly breathing. Needless to say I required an ambulance and thankfully was quickly treated by a couple of paramedics with the appropriate meds, which worked like magic and twenty minutes later I was nearly back to normal, though somewhat shaken and taken to hospital for a checkup. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Some time later...

The second injection didn't actually go totally to plan. Right ball had no issue with it, but the left one swelled up about 3 or 4 times its normal size. Went to GP after 2 or 3 days, she thought it was an infection, but sent me on to hospital, who gave antibiotic prescription, said they would organise an ultrasound scan, read the riot act to me about not attending - it could be cancer. 4 or 5 days later I called hospital, and found that the urology dept had not booked scan. Antibiotics seemed to ...
  4. Endocrinologist Visit

I was pretty anxious due to many recent problems I've had with healthcare providers, but this appointment went great. The endocrinologist I saw was very friendly and straightforward.

She had no issue with my orchiectomy being an elective procedure and didn't even bring up HRT. When I mentioned my sore nipples, she immediately told me about something called "tamoxifen" (now where have I heard that before?) and said she could prescribe it off the label if things got any worse. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Well it’s been a couple of months since my last blog post and to be honest as far as the chemical castration goes there’s not much to report. I’m still very happy and not experiencing any bad side effects, my weight continues to fall (now 195 lbs) and everybody’s noticing how much more hair I have.

I saw my shrink yesterday and she’s waiting to hear back from a couple of endocrinologists about taking my case. Fingers crossed, but no firm news yet.

My testosterone level ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast